DLC Release Date

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Great news - looking forwarding buying all the DLC once available. The dot-matrix display is much nicer and I think the DMD colour/brightness is the best you can get on a TV. It certainly should NOT be dimmer or less orange - real displays are ultra bright orange.

N

Nik Barbour

FINALLY! the ball is rolling...er. I really didnt think microsoft would let the update through, but they did change their minds about the twilight zone bonus when farsight asked, so maybe they are nicer than i thought.
New dmd looks great! Even if a little too orange but whatever.
My 2 year old and i are paitently awaiting the new tables. I'm thinking he'll like cirqus voltaire and fun house. I can't wait for all of 'em but especially monster bash and bride!
Ive been playing em on my droid and nook, but its just not the same as on the big screen with proper nudging and buttons. Hopefully we'll see them today, as the empty optional update is weird.

Just been playing TOM with my lad who is 3.
He loves it - can't wait to show him Funhouse.

(he managed to switch the HUD off though, and I knew it wasn't in the options menu - thought I'd found a new bug. DOH, didn't realise red button toggled on / off!).

brad

Jun 23, 2012
Just been playing TOM with my lad who is 3.
He loves it - can't wait to show him Funhouse.

(he managed to switch the HUD off though, and I knew it wasn't in the options menu - thought I'd found a new bug. DOH, didn't realise red button toggled on / off!).

Ha. Nice. My son does that too sometimes. Although, He stays away from nudging with the left stick so well that when i'm playing and i nudge he says "no don't shake the table" adamantly! I have to explain its ok once in a while. :)

brad

Jun 23, 2012
@ Mike Reitmeyer
Will Black Hole's lower level gate stay open (after hitting targets) like it does on android, with the optional update?
Although it opening and closing constantly has helped my ball control, I'd like to break 2 million! :)

Also like thanks for letting us turn the multiball camera on or off. I personally like it to not switch.

Love the new dmd cant wait for the new tables, thanks for coming on here and keeping the fans informed.
I've been in the shadows this whole time, paitiently waiting, and just wanted to thank you guys for the excellent game and putting up with microsoft's strictness.
My whole family and friends are loving it and ive been telling people about it since day one. Even the anti video pinball friends have been impressed and made purchases. :)

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Ha. Nice. My son does that too sometimes. Although, He stays away from nudging with the left stick so well that when i'm playing and i nudge he says "no don't shake the table" adamantly! I have to explain its ok once in a while. :)

Laughing! - Sounds like we should start a Junior Pinball League.

SteelOak

Jul 24, 2012
I hope that this optional update will land on LIVE this week! Good to see some progress though, because it was starting to get ridiculous.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
@ Mike Reitmeyer
Will Black Hole's lower level gate stay open (after hitting targets) like it does on android, with the optional update?
Although it opening and closing constantly has helped my ball control, I'd like to break 2 million! :)

Also like thanks for letting us turn the multiball camera on or off. I personally like it to not switch.

Love the new dmd cant wait for the new tables, thanks for coming on here and keeping the fans informed.
I've been in the shadows this whole time, paitiently waiting, and just wanted to thank you guys for the excellent game and putting up with microsoft's strictness.
My whole family and friends are loving it and ive been telling people about it since day one. Even the anti video pinball friends have been impressed and made purchases. :)

I believe Black Hole changes to the gate were done after we submitted to Microsoft, so those changes won't be there. They should be on the next update we do.

Gunstar

Jul 24, 2012
so i guess dlc is due next week?

since they only update dlc content on tuesdays...

Thats actually not always true. DLC can go up on Wed., or even other days. Its unlikely we will see the next set of set until at least next week, but its not impossible at all.
Also, i'm so happy the patch finally went through. I loved playing the Pinball Hall of Fame on my 360, and i'm very excited to see more. Though, i have one question. Will the DLC tables have achievements as well?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Thats actually not always true. DLC can go up on Wed., or even other days. Its unlikely we will see the next set of set until at least next week, but its not impossible at all.
Also, i'm so happy the patch finally went through. I loved playing the Pinball Hall of Fame on my 360, and i'm very excited to see more. Though, i have one question. Will the DLC tables have achievements as well?

We are limited in number of achievements (8 per quater), but the DLC will each have an achievement for getting a top 5 score for each table. Looking back it might have made more sense to go with complete all the wizard goals, but it was too late to change that after some people on here suggested that as a better option.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I can't think of even a single specific instance where DLC was not released on a Tuesday, although I think updates can happen at any time. The fact that it already offers you the optional update, even though it hasn't been uploaded yet, is a good sign, right?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I can't think of even a single specific instance where DLC was not released on a Tuesday, although I think updates can happen at any time. The fact that it already offers you the optional update, even though it hasn't been uploaded yet, is a good sign, right?

Zen's Marvel Pinball : Avengers Chronicles DLC Pack was released on Wednesday, June 20th on XBLA.

brad

Jun 23, 2012
Laughing! - Sounds like we should start a Junior Pinball League.

Right on, We'll bring the apple juice!
Even though he just sort of constantly flips he does ok, but most important we have fun together. Its one of the few games we can play together, and the only thing where he says "daddy you play" to which i reply "ok if you insist!" :)

@mike thaks for the quick reply! Glad to hear the black hole change is happening. I'm guessing august then. I suppose i can wait, with the new tables coming soon and all :)

N

Nik Barbour

Right on, We'll bring the apple juice!
Even though he just sort of constantly flips he does ok, but most important we have fun together. Its one of the few games we can play together, and the only thing where he says "daddy you play" to which i reply "ok if you insist!" :)

@mike thaks for the quick reply! Glad to hear the black hole change is happening. I'm guessing august then. I suppose i can wait, with the new tables coming soon and all :)

Cool - you could also try Forza 4. My lad is obsessed with driving the fiat 500 (or smashing the cr@p out of it into the pit wall. I've managed to get him to move onto the Renault 5 turbo now, after telling him I used to have one briefly, but he doesn't like Ferrari's (not that I've ever had one of those).

brad

Jun 23, 2012
Cool - you could also try Forza 4. My lad is obsessed with driving the fiat 500 (or smashing the cr@p out of it into the pit wall. I've managed to get him to move onto the Renault 5 turbo now, after telling him I used to have one briefly, but he doesn't like Ferrari's (not that I've ever had one of those).
Yeah he likes watching forza, but has trouble playing.

So its 3:30pm in california, I'm thinking no dlc today... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts