High lod model beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud

Jul 14, 2013
Lol @ heretic!
Awesome thanks. I'll keep my eyes open.
Probably make more of a difference on my phone as the note 10.1 doesn't support high res so it looks average to begin with.

Spud

Jul 14, 2013
Think I just noticed some nice new plastics in funhouse. Above the jets and up the back left.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Ok done a full run through with highlodbeta2.apk
Using N7-2012 OS 4.4.2 Rooted.
Mipmap=off textures = high, portrait cam 2 locked.

Key - *** = major fault

AFM = good
BS = good
BH = good

***Black Knight = crashes on start! ***

BK2K = good
BR = good
BOP = right hand trans slalom ramp looks poor
CC = bad image file texture on end of railway building
ybumyhej.jpg

Centaur = good
CP = good
CV = good, but wireforms still look more jagged than others
CO1812 = good
CftBL = good, but still has flipper lag (always has)
CBW = good
DrD = good, but wireforms still a bit jagged compared to others.
EDCOG = good
EatPM = good but missing a cover over the bbq spot targets
a2amera5.jpg

hubabava.jpg

Firepower = good
FT = good
Flight2K = good
FH = good but steel ball skin still invisible coming out anti clockwise from outer orbit - change to green skin fixes
Genie = good
G Nuts = good
HD = good
HH = good
***MB = Backglass incorrect - stretched dmd
u3ybaru2.jpg

MM = good, but pan attract cam (pre start is set too low) & jagged ramp above dragon.
NGG = good, but could blue ramps now be transparent?
Rbion = good, but lights could do with being clearer which is flashing - darken playfield
***SS = spider in Backglass not spinning, doesn't animate.
Space shuttle = good
STTNG = good
TotAN = good
Taxi - should have transparent ramps
Tee'd off = good
T2 = good
TOM = good
***TZ - perpetual download on start problem
Victory = good
Whirlwind - barrel flashers too dark when inactive
Whitewater - topper missing texture.

General - plungers, some are detailed with springs, others aren't and look badly textured

Performance on N7-2012 - no problems or slow down on any tables

Oh yeah - did I mention Black Knight isn't working?
Cheers Ryan - looking good so far.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Limited to 4 pics per post in above post, so this and next post to cover items raised in post above.

MM jagged ramp
e9ata6u5.jpg

HD - should 3rd ed Stern have in table strobes?
tupevuqa.jpg

Ipdb doesn't show them.
yveqe4az.jpg

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Taxi transparent ramp
a7upyva2.jpg

TPA taxi - steel ramp
7yge7e6u.jpg

CC - end of track hut image
urysurej.jpg

Should be
upe4yja7.jpg

Last edited:
N

netizen

CC - the rail station house looks fine with cam view 2, the pic you posted that angle is only possible under table explore on my Nexus 10.
here's camera angle 2:
_20140216_083346.JPG

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
CC - the rail station house looks fine with cam view 2, the pic you posted that angle is only possible under table explore on my Nexus 10.
here's camera angle 2:
_20140216_083346.JPG

I meant the white triangles on the roof. The image isn't the same size as the surface on which it sits.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
1+ Black Knight crashed during start

seen at Attack on Mars
Maybe it was:
In overview of the reached points at the end of the game, the last digit of points overlap the right frame

myqy7ebe.jpg

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
e. g. Black rose cam 2 & 4
on the lower end the border of the withe inlays from the paper is visible. Its doesn't look so nice
suse6usu.jpg

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks for the reports guys! :) I have other things going on but I will try to get another build soon. Please only report issues that have to do with the Lods (overlapping score isn't related for example). Also the art team cannot be involved with this feature implementation so any small art tweaks will also be ignored as they are most likely in the ios build as well. The monster bash thing is def broken though ill have to take a look at that. Crashes, Alpha issues, etc are things I can fix by flagging certain pieces etc. but other things like adding alpha to ramps etc would require the art team and unfortunately we are not authorized to do that. Thanks again and hope you are enjoying!

Drawken

Oct 2, 2012
So nice to see so many of these tables looking closer to their real life counterparts on Android, mainly due to the added plastics, screws, and lightbulbs (especially the guitar on Dr. Dude). While there are still some missing screws here and there it's not as jarring as there being no screws at all. This a great step in the right direction.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for the reports guys! :) I have other things going on but I will try to get another build soon. Please only report issues that have to do with the Lods (overlapping score isn't related for example). Also the art team cannot be involved with this feature implementation so any small art tweaks will also be ignored as they are most likely in the ios build as well. The monster bash thing is def broken though ill have to take a look at that. Crashes, Alpha issues, etc are things I can fix by flagging certain pieces etc. but other things like adding alpha to ramps etc would require the art team and unfortunately we are not authorized to do that. Thanks again and hope you are enjoying!

Would it be fair to report discrepancies from the High LOD versions of the tables on iOS since I'm assuming you are pulling from the same table builds that Stuart is?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok guys I fixed the twighlight downloading looping thing, and the BK crash.

I will look into the backglass for monsterbash as that is wrong but I am not going to be able to spend much more time on this since this wasn't really a planned feature we just figured we would give it a shot, so please only report the serious issues as this is not an art fix pass. If something is definitely wrong (as in ios != new android build) go ahead and post it and ill try to take a look at it :)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Would it be fair to report discrepancies from the High LOD versions of the tables on iOS since I'm assuming you are pulling from the same table builds that Stuart is?

Yes that would be fair, as I said if ios!=android go ahead and post it and i will take a look. Unless the art team changed a piece for some reason after the table was last updated it should be identical =)

I have to take care of some other stuff but I will pop in here throughout the week and try to fix things. Then I plan on fixing what I can, adding the toggle switch, and providing a new build. Hopefully we can get the major things ironed out before the next release

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes that would be fair, as I said if ios!=android go ahead and post it and i will take a look. Unless the art team changed a piece for some reason after the table was last updated it should be identical =)

I have to take care of some other stuff but I will pop in here throughout the week and try to fix things. Then I plan on fixing what I can, adding the toggle switch, and providing a new build. Hopefully we can get the major things ironed out before the next release

Ok...just off the top of my head, can you please see what's going on with the transparencies of the clear plastics added to Funhouse as they are opaque at the moment...they are transparent on iOS.

EDIT : This pertains to the right inlane plastic on White Water and the cross-over ramps on Taxi as well.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Also it does no good to post pics of the real tables ;) pics of android versus ios would be useful however.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
it's a flag im sure, ill look into it.

Ok...just off the top of my head, can you please see what's going on with the transparencies of the clear plastics added to Funhouse as they are opaque at the moment...they are transparent on iOS.

EDIT : This pertains to the right inlane plastic on White Water and the cross-over ramps on Taxi as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts