High lod model beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Do you think it's going to be implemented in the next official release.
Will there be an on/off button?
Would be nice to see the changes that way, I'm sure there are details some havent seen (well... maybe just me).
Or maybe another beta with this on/off button.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
also note this might effect performance on some devices, mostly the gpu bound ones so there will be an option to toggle.

That is what surprises me on my Galaxy Note 3. The game sutters a bit to begin with which I thought might be the GPU struggling due to pumping out 1080p. However, it doesn't get any worse on this build despite looking a lot better. So I guess the stuttering must be something going in the background on my phone?

Its not unplayable, its just far from the silky smooth performance of the console and PC versions.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
That is what surprises me on my Galaxy Note 3. The game sutters a bit to begin with which I thought might be the GPU struggling due to pumping out 1080p. However, it doesn't get any worse on this build despite looking a lot better. So I guess the stuttering must be something going in the background on my phone?

Its not unplayable, its just far from the silky smooth performance of the console and PC versions.

Phones are constantly checking accounts, email, text ect as background tasks. You could try Airplane mode (kills radio tasks) see if that improves it. Also kill all running tasks & apps prior to starting TPA.
It's better on a tablet than a phone if you have one. Silky on an old N7.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Phones are constantly checking accounts, email, text ect as background tasks. You could try Airplane mode (kills radio tasks) see if that improves it. Also kill all running tasks & apps prior to starting TPA.
It's better on a tablet than a phone if you have one. Silky on an old N7.

Trouble is I don't think it is that as nothing I do seems to make any difference. Perhaps it will improve when my phone gets updated to KitKat. Anyway I won't discuss it further on here as I notice Zen seems to have the same problem, so its clearly not related to PA and definitely not this build.

jayzee359

Aug 12, 2013
Thanks for the explanation. But what do verticies control? I have used the mipmapping off since it came out and made a big difference. I think I notice the lighting effects more now. Should the wire frames be sharper? Will the ball have reflections? Did anything change in bk2k or fish tales because they seem the same? Thanks in advance.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
3 vertices = 1 triangle. 1 model could include upwards of a thousand triangles to make up the 3d model, so we simplify them for performance reasons.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, when you get a chance, can you please update the BK2K res file to include the new High LOD Skyway ramp flasher and fixed upper playfield lighting bolt cutout. Thanks.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
tomorrow ill add the toggle and make the BK2000 change. I have been tasked to fix other issues today unfortunately.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I love how dr dude looks now. Those wires adds a lot!

Yeah... i know... i am amongst those who like this table ^^

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I love how dr dude looks now. Those wires adds a lot!

Yeah... i know... i am amongst those who like this table ^^

Speaking of Dr. Dude...the yellow curly wires are stilling missing.

Ryan, I just remembered that during the Dr. Dude beta, you reduced the poly count on the red, green and yellow wires to try and boost performance before deciding to pull them. Are the wires we're seeing now back up to the original high poly count?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, I asked Stuart to have the Skyway ramp flasher checked today, so you may want to hold off on the res update until the issues get sorted.

Also, would you mind updating the Pin•Bot res file as well since we seem to have lost the pop bumper lights quite a few builds back. The pop bumper lights are still working on iOS though.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
that works, some non Android stuff came up any how so it will have to wait. I can try to take a look at pinbot but we are getting to very large list of bumped tables so I am only going to update major changes this round.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
that works, some non Android stuff came up any how so it will have to wait. I can try to take a look at pinbot but we are getting to very large list of bumped tables so I am only going to update major changes this round.

I understand, just wanted you to keep Pin*Bot in the back of your head for a possible future res bump. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts