Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I am very happy about posting offline high scores to the leaderboards, seems some of my best games were played while on the subway witout an internet connection on my PS Vita.

Hah you're right Retro, I've had my best games off line as well.. ;)

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
"when is the update for the mac OSX ready, to play funhouse and CV...
works great on the mac...."

The Pinball Arcade: The OSX update will be submitted to Apple this week, so sometime next week is a good estimate for a release date.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Added info on the release time frame of the next Mac update, more fixes coming in the next iOS update, plus FarSight is looking to add GI Lighting to the console and Mac versions in the near future.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE FarSight has announced that DLC Tables Pack #3 will feature Gorgar and Monster Bash.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Hurray for Monster Bash - a common top 10 entry in lists of the greatest machines of all time.
Gorgar - First talking machine, cool heartbeat, nice artwork, and doesn't suck as much as other machines of it's era.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Wow, the reaction at FB is mind boggling. Expected, yet still eye rolling.

Yeaaaa, new table announcements! Where're the tables that I want? Frack you, where's my DLC! Waaaah, I hate rebuying tables from the old collection! Waaaaah! Waaaaaah!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Yeaaaa, new table announcements! Where're the tables that I want? Frack you, where's my DLC! Waaaah, I hate rebuying tables from the old collection! Waaaaah! Waaaaaah!

As much as some people on FB complain, they'll still hand their money over to FarSight in the end which is what makes me happy. :)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I wish there was published info on the number of paid apps and dlc releases out there. I would love to know how much it has sold through. It sounds like it has been meeting expectations from farsight for revenue so that is good.

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
The way I look at it, Five dollars isn't bad for Monster Bash, and I get another table with it! I would spend that much playing pinball, although those games aren't anywhere near me.

Gary

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012

I think my favorite so far is the 20-post sideshow where persons X and Y are complaining that FarSight never responds to them, FarSight actually does respond to them, and then X and Y continue on complaining seemingly oblivious to the fact that FarSight has responded.

Thankfully Gord created this forum so that FarSight knows there actually is civilization out there on the Internet.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE With The Twilight Zone Kickstarter now 100% funded, I have added The Twilight Zone to the announced tables chart. Now let's all shoot for 200% so we can get Star Trek : The Next Generation as well.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Dont really care for Star Trek... Never watched the show... But im all for more tables!

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Dont really care for Star Trek... Never watched the show... But im all for more tables!

I am not a fan of the series either, but I played quite a bit of ST:TNG at a local bowling alley and it is a very solid pinball machine. It definitely does not need the theme to be appealing.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
Wow. That was a big jump all of a sudden.

I think the big jump was because of the latest update which resulted in a lot of people upping their pledge.

According to kicktraq "only" 105 new people pledged but 9.8k $ was raised today. Usually 100 new people = about 3k$, so about 7k$ must be from increased pledges.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I think the big jump was because of the latest update which resulted in a lot of people upping their pledge.

According to kicktraq "only" 105 new people pledged but 9.8k $ was raised today. Usually 100 new people = about 3k$, so about 7k$ must be from increased pledges.
There's an comment in the Update #5 section that states it jumped $3000 in a single refresh of the page. Assuming that actually happened (and it probably did, there are 3 $1000+ backers now whereas before there were 2), there would be more contribution from new people than it would at first appear.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : iOS update 1.1.2 is AVAILABLE NOW!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I hope that's not the same 1.1.2 as the beta version where CV crashes constantly.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I hope that's not the same 1.1.2 as the beta version where CV crashes constantly.

I'm sure FarSight fixed any bugs you guys reported which was the reason for the beta testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts