Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Apart from this thread, I've never heard about TotM becoming 99 cts afterwards.

I recall reading that the TotM would be half off, not $0.99.

Just in case anyone was interested, HERE'S what FarSight originally had planned for the Table of the Month and the reason I previously had this information in my News post. I don't ever want anyone to think I'm posting inaccurate or false information in my News post.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Just in case anyone was interested, HERE'S what FarSight originally had planned for the Table of the Month and the reason I previously had this information in my News post. I don't ever want anyone to think I'm posting inaccurate or false information in my News post.

That must have taken a long time and a big shovel to get to that post. That was buried deep!

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Here's a status update on new tables for our long-suffering console fans!

The first table pack (Medieval Madness and Bride of PinBot) will be released for the PS Vita on June 12th, and for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th.

The second table pack (Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse) will be released for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th and for the PS Vita on July 3rd.

We have been having difficulty getting Microsoft to approve the new tables for the Xbox 360. The problem centers around a little-known Microsoft limitation of 4 MB on the size of the title update for the game code. We can package the data for each table separately, but the code for the new tables is larger than 4 MB and must be in the update. We have finally convinced them to grant us an exception, so we'll be resubmitting all 4 new tables tomorrow and rolling them out to you just as quickly as we can. We'll announce the date when we know it.

The European versions of the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita games will reach the end of their certification cycles this week. We hope to have dates to report to you very soon.

Thanks to everyone for your patience as we work to get these released- we know how frustrating it is to not be able to play these great new tables. We apologize if sometimes it seems we're slow on releasing information, but we don't want to give you a date that turns out later to be wrong. We do read every post, email, and rant.

Thanks again for supporting us!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Added firm release dates for DLC Table Packs #1 and #2 for PS3 (NA) and PS Vita (NA). Also, added information on the delay of DLC Table Packs #1 and #2 on the Xbox 360.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Added information on the next Android, iOS and Kindle Fire updates. Also, The PS3 and PS Vita European versions will reached the end of their certification cycles this week, so FarSight hopes to have a date to report very soon.

N

Nik Barbour

I like the 'hot news' link to the start of this thread, and the platform specific links to their threads!
Nice idea!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE All "Available" and "Coming Soon" tables on the pinball tables chart are now linked to FarSight's official YouTube gameplay videos (if available) for your convenience.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks guys...I'm going to start embedding links to make things more convenient for everyone. I hope everyone finds them useful.

EDIT : Ok, I've linked the Table names to their respective forums and the gameplay video is now accessed by pressing the "play" button. Speaking of the "play" button, is it showing up ok for everyone? It shows up fine on my computer, but doesn't show up correctly on my phone as if my phone doesn't know how to display the solid right arrow.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Play button works fine on my iPad, once again nice job pinwiz.

I'm still able to press the play button on my phone, but the icon doesn't display correctly...HTC EVO 3D

N

Nik Barbour

Arrow displays OK on my android.
Using Maxthon browser, would highly recommend this. Nice quick full featured browser, much quicker than Dolphin!
Nice job PiN WiZ!

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Pinwiz, you are doing an amazing job. Keep up the awsomw work, i come on here at least 10 times a day and always facinated. I changed my Twilight Zone/Star trek: TNG from $25.00 to $100.00, I really want the Operators menu so hopefully i can change 3 balls into 10 balls which i do on Visual Pinball. I hope that goes well and all the pinball games will be able to do it, Twilight Zone on visual pinball doesn't work on my computer anymore along with The Addams Family and Many others. They Studder and go in slow motion and other freaky things, it all started when i changed Windows XP to Window 7 then all hell broke loose. But one awsome game i can play is Groni's Lord of the rings, works great until multi-ball but i don't care it doesn't hurt it much and that's vp9.11, I can't get vp9.12 to work at all on my computer it says it's corrupted really weird. Oh well i'll just keep buying these games on my Playstation Vita, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360 and i'll be happy. One more thing i was playing Golden Eye on VP from Sega I really got hooked on that game, i really hope it comes out on TPA someday in the future it's a fun game along with Baywatch.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Pinwiz, you are doing an amazing job. Keep up the awsomw work, i come on here at least 10 times a day and always facinated. I changed my Twilight Zone/Star trek: TNG from $25.00 to $100.00, I really want the Operators menu so hopefully i can change 3 balls into 10 balls which i do on Visual Pinball. I hope that goes well and all the pinball games will be able to do it, Twilight Zone on visual pinball doesn't work on my computer anymore along with The Addams Family and Many others. They Studder and go in slow motion and other freaky things, it all started when i changed Windows XP to Window 7 then all hell broke loose. But one awsome game i can play is Groni's Lord of the rings, works great until multi-ball but i don't care it doesn't hurt it much and that's vp9.11, I can't get vp9.12 to work at all on my computer it says it's corrupted really weird. Oh well i'll just keep buying these games on my Playstation Vita, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360 and i'll be happy. One more thing i was playing Golden Eye on VP from Sega I really got hooked on that game, i really hope it comes out on TPA someday in the future it's a fun game along with Baywatch.

Thanks David, I'm still using Windows XP for VP mainly for the same reasons you mentioned about it not working very well on Windows 7. I haven't played Golden Eye in a long while, so I may have to boot that one up soon. Hope you're doing well. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Everyone please do me a favor and read THIS article I just posted in the Hot News section and spread the word. Thanks.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
PinWiz or anybody, I changed my backer from $25.00 to $100.00 it says i only get the operators menu. My question is will i get the rest two like picking two systems and the balls, on the others it says you get everything above plus what evers on that backer, but the $100.00 one doesn't say that. I'm not trying to be greedy but i just like extra stuff call me wierd, too me it's entertaining and thanks for any answers. Pinwiz it's only $100.00 i'll be ok money wise, i'll just be careful that's all. I sure hope Star trek makes it, I heard someone donated $5,000 If 10 more rich people or just crazy pinball fanatics do this we will make it I figured $29,000 to go and we have Star trek let's say a pinball prayer, since i'm Roman Catholic i don't think God would mind this time. Except When Family Guy, Spiderman, Tron Lagacy, Transformers, Sterns X-men, and Jersey Jacks The Wizard Of Oz come out then i will really pray hard. see ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts