Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
PinWiz or anybody, I changed my backer from $25.00 to $100.00 it says i only get the operators menu. My question is will i get the rest two like picking two systems and the balls, on the others it says you get everything above plus what evers on that backer, but the $100.00 one doesn't say that. I'm not trying to be greedy but i just like extra stuff call me wierd, too me it's entertaining and thanks for any answers. Pinwiz it's only $100.00 i'll be ok money wise, i'll just be careful that's all. I sure hope Star trek makes it, I heard someone donated $5,000 If 10 more rich people or just crazy pinball fanatics do this we will make it I figured $29,000 to go and we have Star trek let's say a pinball prayer, since i'm Roman Catholic i don't think God would mind this time. Except When Family Guy, Spiderman, Tron Lagacy, Transformers, Sterns X-men, and Jersey Jacks The Wizard Of Oz come out then i will really pray hard. see ya.

David, you also get every reward below the $100 tier. The only thing I'm still not sure about is if you also get two copies of the regular TZ (and ST:TNG if we reach the stretch goal) table as I would like to give the codes out to a few of my friends to entice them to purchase TPA.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
If that's true then my Playstation Vita would be the one that i would get the operators menu on, since i use that system the most. I hope in the future they will try and put the operators menu on all the games that work with it, I heard they might have problems doing it though. I suck at pinball so having the option of giving myself 5 or 10 balls extends my playtime, and i have a lot of fun. When it comes to tornaments they can do what Zen does and you can't perticipate in the tornament with more balls or different factory settings like turning off tilt, which i would also like to have done on my PS Vita because when i play it long way it seems to always tilt on me and i'm not trying to shake the table. It's because of the lousy touchscreen on the back, don't get me wrong i love the back touchscreen on games but not on The Pinball Arcade it just doesn't work, and that view is awsome because you can see the whole playfield.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
If that's true then my Playstation Vita would be the one that i would get the operators menu on, since i use that system the most. I hope in the future they will try and put the operators menu on all the games that work with it, I heard they might have problems doing it though. I suck at pinball so having the option of giving myself 5 or 10 balls extends my playtime, and i have a lot of fun. When it comes to tornaments they can do what Zen does and you can't perticipate in the tornament with more balls or different factory settings like turning off tilt, which i would also like to have done on my PS Vita because when i play it long way it seems to always tilt on me and i'm not trying to shake the table. It's because of the lousy touchscreen on the back, don't get me wrong i love the back touchscreen on games but not on The Pinball Arcade it just doesn't work, and that view is awsome because you can see the whole playfield.

With the $100 tier, you get the special version with the operator's menu on ALL platforms and devices, so no need to choose which platform/device to get it on. It's the regular versions you get with the $10 and $20 tiers that you have to choose which platform/device you want them on.

okurka

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
FarSight recently acquired permission from Microsoft to include a title update larger than 4 MB (Microsoft's title update file size limit)
Can anyone explain me why there are tons of Title Updates that are larger than 4 MB? The biggest I've seen is 47 MB and the biggest Title Update for an XBLA game I've seen is 10 MB.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Can anyone explain me why there are tons of Title Updates that are larger than 4 MB? The biggest I've seen is 47 MB and the biggest Title Update for an XBLA game I've seen is 10 MB.

Yeah, the SkyRim 1.6 update was 27MB - Apparently it's how Microsoft class it as either a "Patch" or "Extra Content". (Happy to be corrected if that's not the case).

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
Will FS be releasing videos of MB or Gorgar before their release? Just curious, really looking forward to playing these new tables!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Will FS be releasing videos of MB or Gorgar before their release? Just curious, really looking forward to playing these new tables!

Gameplay videos of Monster Bash and Gorgar are expected sometime this week.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I sure do hope Midevil Madness and Bride of pinbot come out on the Playstation Vita Tommorrow, I am so waiting for these to and many others.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Kindle Fire version 1.0.2 featuring a Table of the Month and stability/performance fixes AVAILABLE NOW!

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I would warn Vita users to avoid downloading the update if at all possible, at least for now. The update ruins the table graphics on TOTAN and TOM. See the topic in the Vita forum.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Apparently Sony is still working on getting the DLC up, but should be available shortly. I've pulled the Announcement in the mean time as to not cause any more confusion. Sorry for the inconvenience.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
So these 2 new tables (Medieval Madness and Bride of pin*bot) are only coming to the Vita? I am starting to think I shouldn't have bought the PS3 version.

I've actually been playing TWPHOF more than TPA on the PS3 lately.

I would buy just about every table that Farsight releases too. I really wish Farsight would have been able to add extra team members to handle "the other" systems (iPod, Android, Kindle, Mac), because it seems to be slowing down their progress on the major systems. No offense to owners of the "other" systems, but
I've been supporting Farsight since day one and I've feeling like we have gone out of focus lately.

I just want to play some nice tables on a 55" HDTV so I thought the PS3 would have been a good choice to stick with.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
So these 2 new tables (Medieval Madness and Bride of pin*bot) are only coming to the Vita? I am starting to think I shouldn't have bought the PS3 version.

It was mentioned on facebook and in the first post of this thread that the PS3 MM/BoP are coming on June 26. Unless you bought the US PS3 version for the UK account, you already own the Vita version since buying the PS3 version gets you the Vita version and vice versa.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
@Spoonman you have to blame Sony and Microsoft, once Farsight gives the DLC to them then it's up to the company too put it out. I believe the PS3 just wasn't ready yet i guess, I have all the systems and waiting on all of them. As of right know the Sony store isn't even updated yet still waiting, I want the two pinball games and Gravity Rush i wish they would hurry up so i can play a little before i go to bed, It's usually not this long i think somethings wrong or they have a lot of content on both systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts