Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
You would hope so but this just released version would have been submitted about a week ago, about the same time we got the beta. I just updated from my beta 1.1.2 to this official 1.1.2 and cv still crashes immediately, however the table wasn't redownloaded so that may be the difference. Maybe if I uninstalled and then reinstalled it might work but I don't want to lose all my high scores again.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
NOTE : On iOS version 1.1.2, Cirqus Voltaire seems to crash immediately on some devices. Hopefully FarSight will address this issue soon.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
So the question is ' which table do you want to play the most, Black Hole or Cirqus Voltaire? '. Sorry to be negative but it's one cock up after another.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I just updated to 1.1.2, CV re-download and plays fine for me... no crashes. All CV bugs seem to be fixed... :D

If you have the beta you might wanna delete the app and re-download it from the store...

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Tested it a little bit:

Black Hole works again, no issues with CV so far, Funhouse finally has the blue walls instead if black ones, didn't play it enough to tell if it still has the overlapping music bug. (ipad 3 wifi, no jailbreak)

Does anybody with a new iPad know what the "post processing" option in the main game menu is supposed to do? All it does on my end is desaturate the color and make everything run at maybe 5 frames per second :/

Also, going to the TPA app page in the app store reminded me how much I hate random reviews. "Warning! That game is a SCAM! You have to pay for each table!!! What a ripoff! (pictures of angry smiles and turds)"

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Tested it a little bit:

Black Hole works again, no issues with CV so far, Funhouse finally has the blue walls instead if black ones, didn't play it enough to tell if it still has the overlapping music bug. (ipad 3 wifi, no jailbreak)

How does the post processing option work for you?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
NOTE : On iOS version 1.1.2, Cirqus Voltaire seems to crash immediately on some devices. Hopefully FarSight will address this issue soon.

This issue may be isolated to those with the beta still installed on their device. You may have to uninstall the beta before installing the latest version for Cirqus Voltaire to work correctly.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This issue may be isolated to those with the beta still installed on their device. You may have to uninstall the beta before installing the latest version for Cirqus Voltaire to work correctly.

It seems like even those outside of the beta are encountering this to a certain extent. I've noticed with almost every iOS update that Farsight puts out that the safest practice is to uninstall the app and then download the new version. You will lose your local scores/goals, but it's worth it if you want the app to run as smoothly as possible.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
It seems like even those outside of the beta are encountering this to a certain extent. I've noticed with almost every iOS update that Farsight puts out that the safest practice is to uninstall the app and then download the new version. You will lose your local scores/goals, but it's worth it if you want the app to run as smoothly as possible.

Does uninstalling and reinstalling erase your saved data? Just wanted to know what the result of this method is before I recommend it to everyone.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Does uninstalling and reinstalling erase your saved data? Just wanted to know what the result of this method is before I recommend it to everyone.

Yes it does. You do keep your facebook scores obviously, you just lose scores from the local scoreboard and any starndard/wizard goals which could be huge issue if you've spent hours and hours trying to unlock them.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes it does. You do keep your facebook scores obviously, you just lose scores from the local scoreboard and any starndard/wizard goals which could be huge issue if you've spent hours and hours trying to unlock them.

Thanks Kevlar, I'll recommend this fix to those having trouble with Cirqus Voltaire crashing with a warning about losing data.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

I know that Android users have the ability to use programs like Titanium Backup to backup user data and app data. Do stock iPhone users have a way to back up game save data? Can you sync game saves to iCloud, or similar?

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/que...ual-game-saves-without-jalibreaking-your-devi suggests that most games will sync game save info to iCloud.

Also http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-backup-your-iphone-game-saves-without-jailbreaking-2011-3 provides an option for backing up save data without jailbreaking. This might save a lot of heartache for iOS owners.

Perhaps Farsight could either a) activate this feature for iOS versions or b) store the game data in a non-protected location on the iDevice. Similar to how they allowed Android users to move data to SD card (I assume iPhone/Pad/Pod don't have external storage).

Just throwing out some suggestions that might help you guys out.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I know that Android users have the ability to use programs like Titanium Backup to backup user data and app data. Do stock iPhone users have a way to back up game save data? Can you sync game saves to iCloud, or similar?

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/que...ual-game-saves-without-jalibreaking-your-devi suggests that most games will sync game save info to iCloud.

Perhaps Farsight could either a) activate this feature for iOS versions or b) store the game data in a non-protected location on the iDevice. Similar to how they allowed Android users to move data to SD card (I assume iPhone/Pad/Pod don't have external storage).

Just throwing out some suggestions that might help you guys out.

FarSight is currently in the process of implementing iCloud support.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
FarSight is currently in the process of implementing iCloud support.

Until this feature is implemented, perhaps the new link I posted in the quoted response (copied below) might be something useful for iDevice owners.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-backup-your-iphone-game-saves-without-jailbreaking-2011-3

This method would probably work well for those users who can't open the game after upgrading, and want to back up game data before removing app and re-installing. Issues with game file structure should be unaffected if backing up version 1.2.0 (for example), then restoring the settings back to 1.2.0.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE The Pinball Arcade Demo is now available on the PS3 and PS Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts