Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Obviously the Roms are different, but is there any differences on the table itself between those two? Never played either enough to know, just always seemed to me like it was an old table with a DMD slapped on. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Jack*Bot isn't just Pin*Bot with a DMD slapped on. The rules are different. Jack*Bot's rules are based on gambling, with chances to bet your score. The goal is completely different from lighting the planets on Pin*Bot. Jack*Bot also has 3 ball multiball instead of 2 ball.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I see that the next update only shows the hall of fame scoring on android, but does that mean that the medieval madness fixes are not going to be coming this update?

FarSight is looking to spread out the individual table bug fixes and improvements so that you're not forced to redownload several tables with each update. No word yet on which tables are being updated first though.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
FarSight is looking to spread out the individual table bug fixes and improvements so that you're not forced to redownload several tables with each update. No word yet on which tables are being updated first though.

What? No... Really?

So instead of being "forced" to wait a whopping 30 minutes to download a patch that fixes multiple tables, problems, glitches etc... I will "conveniently" get to wait many more weeks for them to be fixed?

That's crazy. That has got to be an excuse, not an actual reason.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
What? No... Really?

So instead of being "forced" to wait a whopping 30 minutes to download a patch that fixes multiple tables, problems, glitches etc... I will "conveniently" get to wait many more weeks for them to be fixed?

I must admit, I kind of agree with Metal here. If a fix for a table is ready to go, let me have it. I don't think anyone's going to go ballistic because they have to wait 3 minutes for a table to re-download. And at least on iOS, the tables don't re-download until you try to play them, so a user that plays a lot of (for example) MM and CV could re-download only those two at first and be good to go in a few minutes, and then re-download the others individually when s/he wants to play something different.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
What? No... Really?

This is a perfect response to that statement. With all of the problems that are seen on a system like the PS Vita, a massive patch for all of the tables is exactly what the game needs.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Ok, now that I have my facts straight, I'm going to set the record straight on the above post I wrongfully posted. The bug fixes and improvements are currently being worked through (many are already fixed), but FarSight is holding off releasing the bug fixes and improvements for a bit (reason unspecified). Once given the green light, all bug fixes and table improvements should be released collectively.

Also, FarSight is working on integrating higher vertex count models for those devices that can handle them. As FarSight integrates these higher vertex count models on older tables, they will slowly release them with the higher models packaged so that when they enable that feature, the users don't have to download all the tables at once. This is where I got my information crossed and I deeply apologize to FarSight for the misinformation and to everyone else for the unnecessary worry I caused many of you.

Alas, I'm only human. :)

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
No sweat pin wiz, you do a great job on these forums. Most of us wouldn't know a thing goin on if it wasn't for all the work you put in on here. Appreciate the update its great knowing how much work farsight is putting in to get this game as good as possible for us. Keep up the great work!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
OK, that makes more sense. And no worries about being "only human"; if it weren't for you and Gord and a few others, we'd all be forced to brave the Facebook cesspool, combing through the muck for scraps of information.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
I just hope that whatever fixes get pushed down in the future don't break my setup. I have no problems now and I'll be quite upset if a "bug fix" update screws up my currently working game.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE The upcoming August tables (DLC Tables Pack #5) will feature Stern's Harley-Davidson Third Edition and Williams' Taxi!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Shocking news!

Who'd have imagined it ? the mystery table was featured in the making of video , and now they are actually releasing the table from the video? just never saw that coming, but hey , I love HArley Davidson themed stuff , my first cordless phone was based ona Harley Davidson gas tank design , and after buying the PS2 Williams Collection PHOF , Taxi was a great table , just afraid we wont see this table on my Sony stuff until October .

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
hm, by some strange coincidenece i have an official harley davidson wallet :D

well, my dad bought it for me some... hm, i guess 20 years back?

never was into bikes or anything, i guess he just thought it would be 'cool' :)

oh i got an official hd cigarette case and a pen case with it too... but i actually still use the hd wallet... my only wallet al this time lol :D

edit: yeah, kinda offtopic, lol

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Ok, now that I have my facts straight, I'm going to set the record straight on the above post I wrongfully posted. The bug fixes and improvements are currently being worked through (many are already fixed), but FarSight is holding off releasing the bug fixes and improvements for a bit (reason unspecified). Once given the green light, all bug fixes and table improvements should be released collectively.

Also, FarSight is working on integrating higher vertex count models for those devices that can handle them. As FarSight integrates these higher vertex count models on older tables, they will slowly release them with the higher models packaged so that when they enable that feature, the users don't have to download all the tables at once. This is where I got my information crossed and I deeply apologize to FarSight for the misinformation and to everyone else for the unnecessary worry I caused many of you.

Alas, I'm only human. :)

Thanks for clearing that up. That sounds much better.
I'm really hoping the next table pack addresses many of the biggest Vita issues. I really want to start playing again.

Updated models and lighting would be welcome as well.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
You Told Me That A Week Ago,
I Guess I Will Just Have To Be Patient

I never understood people capatilizing each first letter of a word. Sounds like an incredible chore to do, and it reads like Im listening to a navigational system: In. 100. Metres. Take. A. Left. turn

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I think the extra effort is trying to show HoW iMporTant iT is. :)
Countdown to questions being answered ....Oh please please please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts