Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Does Zen promise tables way ahead of time or do they just make an announcement 2 weeks ahead of releasing their DLC? I'm seriously asking because I don't pay attention to Zen, but I'm always pleasantly surprised when release a new table.

Zen has tons of problems of their own. They've announced things that have been delayed, and there are outstanding bugs (on iOS) that have gone unfixed for months and months (you have to enter your AppleID password every time you launch the game, and sometimes a couple of times while playing, for example).

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Zen has tons of problems of their own. They've announced things that have been delayed, and there are outstanding bugs (on iOS) that have gone unfixed for months and months (you have to enter your AppleID password every time you launch the game, and sometimes a couple of times while playing, for example).

Ew, ack. I'm happy to be a TPA customer then.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
The table Pin Wiz made in the first post to show what DLC is coming when for which platform.....you know, the table ("tabel" in dutch") with all the rows and columns :)

Aha... i see... That was pretty dumb of me then, hehe, ;-).

But looking at the table, i am not impressed. Dont get me wrong, i like most of them. But its missing the big machines which wil attract new costumers.

The more you go down the list the less interesting it is. Like a candle that slowly goes out.

I think they have to bring the big ones once a while to make this game a s6. And man.... its been years that i was excited about a game. It needs to be a s6! I can play this for years, its that good.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
The key word is "should" and Sony is still in the process of approving the first DLC pack, so there's still hope for a release soon on the PS3.

Exactly. "Should" is not definite. I can understand being disappointed, but it isn't a promise and not worth getting worked up over. It's not like they're intentionally lying to us about it.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Aha... i see... That was pretty dumb of me then, hehe, ;-).

But looking at the table, i am not impressed. Dont get me wrong, i like most of them. But its missing the big machines which wil attract new costumers.

The more you go down the list the less interesting it is. Like a candle that slowly goes out.

I think they have to bring the big ones once a while to make this game a s6. And man.... its been years that i was excited about a game. It needs to be a s6! I can play this for years, its that good.

Just so you know, FarSight has some big surprises that have yet to be announced. The pinball tables listed are only of those that have been announced publicly or otherwise. Trust me, there's a lot more coming than what's listed.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
speaking of upcoming tables. When was Whirwind mentioned?

It hasn't been, yet, though they did say they'd re-release all the PHOF tables, with the exception of one or two. Most of us assumed the exceptions would be Jive Time and Sorcerer, but maybe Whirlwind is one we won't be seeing. Would be a shame, since this is a pretty good table, as well as Pat Lawlor's first solo effort.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
speaking of upcoming tables. When was Whirwind mentioned?

All tables in the PHOF WC have been confirmed with the exception of Sorcerer (which is still up in the air 50/50) and Jive Time which has about a 1% chance of seeing a release.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I was told by Farsight that a Gottlieb table, possibly one that was requested, will be coming in the next few months.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
"The Android update with Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse will be available any minute. In addition to the new tables, there have been some performance improvements made on some devices. We've also added multiple plunger cams and one more gameplay cam. Let us know what you think!"

N

Nik Barbour

"The Android update with Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse will be available any minute. In addition to the new tables, there have been some performance improvements made on some devices. We've also added multiple plunger cams and one more gameplay cam. Let us know what you think!"

Nice - I've been checking my phone every 2 hours all week!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
"Quick console update: The first 360 update will include both DLC packs. The PS3/Vita updates may include both DLC packs. They'll certainly include MM and Bride. All console updates are at least 3 weeks away from being released."

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
"Quick console update: The first 360 update will include both DLC packs. The PS3/Vita updates may include both DLC packs. They'll certainly include MM and Bride. All console updates are at least 3 weeks away from being released."
Beh, oh well....Diablo 3!

rjspring

May 10, 2012
I eagerly away MM on 360, loved it on android. Wonder if it will still be 'table of the month' to be played for free when released on 360.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I eagerly away MM on 360, loved it on android. Wonder if it will still be 'table of the month' to be played for free when released on 360.

Due to pricing limitations on XBLA there are no 'table of the month' options on the consoles. That is an iOS/Android only feature. It kind of makes sense since phone/tablet users are really the only ones who whine that everything under the sun should be free.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Wow so DLC #2 is out now for iOS and Android? And now we know that consoles won't even get the FIRST set of tables until June.., and at that time the PS3 may or may not (who knows? certainly not the developers/publishers...)

I see no incentive to support TPA. At this point I feel that if I purchase the DLC I will be rewarding mediocrity.. Also it seems the consoles (and PC for that matter) are bastard children and Farsight's main attention goes toward the iOS version. Fine. I understand that now..

Once bitten twice shy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.