Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I don't want them to break anything by any means. I think I might have described it poorly. It's just a simple animation issue. As far as I can tell, the turbo has 2 rotating animation, the slow looping one, and the fast ejecting one. And when it ejects the ball because you shot into the turbo without the lock being lit, the game will play the slow looping spin animation while the ball flies out at a fast speed. The turbo's motor also spins up faster on the real life table in this scenario. I can install the freecamera mod and film this if that's necessary.

This is actually how the table behaves. You can also observe the behavior when you lock four balls in the Turbo as well.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
I am guessing this has been reported but I didn't see it on the master list. Game ending bug for me on Star Trek TNG during Borg Multi-Ball in DX11. I played it in DX9 a few times and everything seems fine with that build. Only two balls come out for multi-ball play. Once they drain the third ball eventually makes its appearance about 20 to 30 seconds later into the left inlane. Once the third ball drains the game is held in limbo. The two probe launchers move back and forth every now and then and it sounds like a phantom ball is bouncing around between the pop bumpers. The upper right flipper also periodically flips on its own. You can nudge until you tilt the machine but it still won't end that ball to move the next ball to the plunger. This may be related to the issue someone else reported regarding Monster Multi-ball in Scared Stiff.

Drybonz

Jun 27, 2016
Hi FlippyFloppy... what is the status of the additional camera views, such as the top-down camera that is already in the pro "explore table" mode, that people have been requesting for some time now? Any info you can provide is appreciated.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Twilight Zone

Indy 500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABvLK0dW3Fo (It can be seen at 0:15)

This is actually how the table behaves. You can also observe the behavior when you lock four balls in the Turbo as well.

No, on the real life table, the turbo is supposed to suddenly speed up really fast (way faster than when it's keeping balls in lock), then gradually slow down. Since there's no kickout mechanism in the turbo, the only thing that launches off the ball so fast, is the sudden burst of rotational speed. (There might be a better term to this.)

I really feel like I'm giving this issue more attention than what it deserves. Sorry for that. It was just bugging me that I couldn't explain it.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hi FlippyFloppy... what is the status of the additional camera views, such as the top-down camera that is already in the pro "explore table" mode, that people have been requesting for some time now? Any info you can provide is appreciated.

There currently there is no scheduled plan for this development.

Twilight Zone

Indy 500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABvLK0dW3Fo (It can be seen at 0:15)

No, on the real life table, the turbo is supposed to suddenly speed up really fast (way faster than when it's keeping balls in lock), then gradually slow down. Since there's no kickout mechanism in the turbo, the only thing that launches off the ball so fast, is the sudden burst of rotational speed. (There might be a better term to this.)

I really feel like I'm giving this issue more attention than what it deserves. Sorry for that. It was just bugging me that I couldn't explain it.

I should be able to fix the Event camera in the next update. I have someone looking into the turbo spinner, I'll post an update with more info when I get some feedback.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The clipping issues on HRC is actually something that happens on al lot of tables. But it is very strong on this one. Poor 3D modeling causes texture clipping, especially in portrait view, or when a lot of zooming happens. I had a talk with FS about this and even send them a list with all the tables that suffer from this. Better on newer tables since, but sadly no fix for pre HRC tables ...

greatdane

Feb 19, 2015
Is the game saving the state correctly for everyone else?

I can go in and rate some tables and exit the game and when I load it again, non of the ratings I gave are there.

I was doing a challenge as well and quit after two tables and when I started up again, those tables were showing not played.

Thanks.

Same thing here regarding the ratings not saving between sessions. I just tested this and it seems that the game only saves the star rating when you make a high score on that table in the same session:
Set a 3 star rating for Last Action Hero, then entered the table and scored 2nd on the table highscore. Exited the table and rated No Fear 5 stars. Then exited and started the game again and only my rating on Last Action Hero was still there, No Fear had no rating. (DX11 version)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
The clipping issues on HRC is actually something that happens on al lot of tables. But it is very strong on this one. Poor 3D modeling causes texture clipping, especially in portrait view, or when a lot of zooming happens. I had a talk with FS about this and even send them a list with all the tables that suffer from this. Better on newer tables since, but sadly no fix for pre HRC tables ...

Good job on your part, and thanks for doing so.

tenparts

Aug 1, 2015
The new UI: Seems alright from what I've tried of it, but I still think the older list of tables was better. For the tournaments, do I have to be a particular rank to view that rank's scores now?

Bug?: I didn't see this anywhere, so it might just be me. Gorgar's score display, and only Gorgar's, seems to have completely lost it. DX9 version. I've tried validation and reinstalling, so it doesn't seem to be a corrupted file. I haven't played Gorgar in a while (a few months?), but I don't remember this happening before. Here's about what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/ebaZqfZ.jpg

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
We should have a fix coming soon.

I was wondering when this fix is going to come for Monsterbash. And also, do you have any plans to put the mirror into the DX11 version of ToM and get rid of some of the ancient bugs from older tables (e.g. the semitransparent playfield of the Black Hole)? It would be really good if these fantastic tables would be a bit less buggy... I don't expect a fix for these bugs soon but it would be great to know if you have any plans of tackling them one day.

Edit: It would also be great to see the score again when playing Gorgar ;-)

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
The new UI: Seems alright from what I've tried of it, but I still think the older list of tables was better. For the tournaments, do I have to be a particular rank to view that rank's scores now?

Bug?: I didn't see this anywhere, so it might just be me. Gorgar's score display, and only Gorgar's, seems to have completely lost it. DX9 version. I've tried validation and reinstalling, so it doesn't seem to be a corrupted file. I haven't played Gorgar in a while (a few months?), but I don't remember this happening before. Here's about what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/ebaZqfZ.jpg

You can still view the scores through the selecting a table and pressing the Ranking button instead of Start.

Yeah, Gorgar's display bug is well-known.

I was wondering when this fix is going to come for Monsterbash. And also, do you have any plans to put the mirror into the DX11 version of ToM and get rid of some of the ancient bugs from older tables (e.g. the semitransparent playfield of the Black Hole)? It would be really good if these fantastic tables would be a bit less buggy... I don't expect a fix for these bugs soon but it would be great to know if you have any plans of tackling them one day.

Edit: It would also be great to see the score again when playing Gorgar ;-)

I concur. These older table releases need to be redone.

smartinec

Mar 16, 2016
So, with the new UI, I can't seem to find a keyboard press that gets me out of the game over/final score screen if the mouse has been moved off of it. I seem to have to click on the button with a mouse. I'm trying to get my setup mouseless for cabinet play, so that's troublesome. Is there some painfully obvious solution I'm overlooking, a magic button on an XInput gamepad perhaps, or do I need to script something? Thanks.

I am also seeing this as a bug. Can it be added to master list? I also couldn't find a way to get past initial "Press to Start" screen without a mouse.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I am also seeing this as a bug. Can it be added to master list? I also couldn't find a way to get past initial "Press to Start" screen without a mouse.

You can navigate with directional keys to highlight the start button. In regards to progressing past the final score screen, Enter should work.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
spot_preview_704.jpg

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]: Have you seen my question from earlier this week? It would be nice to have some feedback as to whether you are plannig a bug fix for the older tables some day.
And I am still interested when Monsterbash and Gorgar get fixed. Monsterbash has been basically unplayable for weeks now...

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]: Have you seen my question from earlier this week? It would be nice to have some feedback as to whether you are plannig a bug fix for the older tables some day.
And I am still interested when Monsterbash and Gorgar get fixed. Monsterbash has been basically unplayable for weeks now...

The issue were resolved, they haven't been released yet. I'll see when we can get that out, if it's not out at the end of today, it will for sure be out next week.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.