No New PS3 Tables Today?

omisnad

Feb 22, 2014
You could be sensible and decide to buy just one version :)

I couldn't stand having multiple versions, unless there's some way to keep the high scores and goals unified. I'd hate to do everything twice.

Simple really like i said - i want the PS4 on the TV (cause of the lighting options) but i also want the vita version for portability. I dont thinks that's been unreasonable. What you gonna do when you get a PS4, Espy?

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Simple really like i said - i want the PS4 on the TV (cause of the lighting options) but i also want the vita version for portability. I dont thinks that's been unreasonable. What you gonna do when you get a PS4, Espy?

Grin and bear it as I hit the reset button on all my progress.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I'm so happy to hear this. Finally getting some tables after months of waiting. I'm speaking about the PS4 version. YES! I'm with the others here with Whodunnit! As a boy, I use to sit in front of the table and just listen to the theme. I know I creeped some folks out, but I couldn't help it. I love that "mystery-noir" feel of music and that table has that. I felt like Humphrey Bogart was going to come out and start narrating.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I was afraid about Sony suits setting release dates. Do you think a Twitter campaign @SCEA hashtag #releasethatsh1t will work?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
It would also be nice if they implemented a better scrolling camera system like Zen Pinballs. Its not like they cant - Gottlieb/Williams collection had a similar panning camera to Zens.

It's implemented in the pro versions (but not during a game), so it will never be implemented for free in the main game. We have the "instructions cam" instead. :p

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I've lost track of things here for the last couple of months so I'm sorry if this has already been cleared up, but are all of these delayed tables on PSN (PS3 & PS4) due to Microsoft's new indie launch day parity clause?

I really wish Farsight would just drop Microsoft once and for all and at least keep PSN going.

I also recently opened my Wii U from 2013 and was surprised to see there is still no Pinball Arcade release on there. I could have sworn I saw it running on it like 2 years ago.

From Wikipedia:

A version for Nintendo's Wii U console is currently in development; initially planned for release as close to November 18, 2012 as possible,[15] the version was not submitted to Nintendo until December 2012.[16] Final submission was confirmed in late July 2013 and it was announced in June that it would release in September 2013. On August 27, 2013 FarSight Studios commented on their Facebook page that they were still working on the Wii U version and therefore it wasn't submitted to Nintendo yet.[17] FarSight had confirmed that final submission is in early 2014
Wow, what is going on here?!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I've lost track of things here for the last couple of months so I'm sorry if this has already been cleared up, but are all of these delayed tables on PSN (PS3 & PS4) due to Microsoft's new indie launch day parity clause?

I really wish Farsight would just drop Microsoft once and for all and at least keep PSN going.

I also recently opened my Wii U from 2013 and was surprised to see there is still no Pinball Arcade release on there. I could have sworn I saw it running on it like 2 years ago.

From Wikipedia:

Wow, what is going on here?!

Season 2 on PS4 will be released 30 days after it's released on Xbox One. I think Xbox is just too big of a fish to let go.

The 4 tables not on PSN yet have been approved by Sony and we're just waiting for a release date.

Wii U is apparently still in the works, but not until Xbox, DX11, and probably the new UI get sorted out.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
The hell is a "launch day parity clause"
Plain and simple, Microsoft has a policy that prevents indie games to release on their console unless it's released on the same day as the competition's.

With Season 1 appearing on the PS4 first, Farsight had to make a temporary exclusive deal with Microsoft to get their game on the Xbox One.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Season 2 on PS4 will be released 30 days after it's released on Xbox One. I think Xbox is just too big of a fish to let go.

They are the kind of slimy fish that you throw back into the water though.

I thought those lame release rules went away with Nintendo's unfair 3rd party regulations of the 80's/90's. [I.E. One release per month, and if you release a game on a competitor's console you are long longer allowed to release on a Nintendo console...]

Farsight signed a deal with the devil with that one.
They are losing money from PS3/PS4/Vita owners just so they can release on the Xbox One.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
They are the kind of slimy fish that you throw back into the water though.

I thought those lame release rules went away with Nintendo's unfair 3rd party regulations of the 80's/90's. [I.E. One release per month, and if you release a game on a competitor's console you are long longer allowed to release on a Nintendo console...]

Farsight signed a deal with the devil with that one.
They are losing money from PS3/PS4/Vita owners just so they can release on the Xbox One.

Please dont be ignorant

If they drop a platform thats all kinds of revenue lost. Use common sense.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Interesting thought. Does Microsoft's policy cover PS3 as well as PS4? I thought they wouldn't have cared about older systems.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I thought those lame release rules went away with Nintendo's unfair 3rd party regulations of the 80's/90's.
And it looks like Nintendo is reinstating a few of those rules for self publishing on the Wii-U. Zen Studio is apparently running is a few hurdles with them and a few other third party indie companies are reporting the same thing.

Does Microsoft's policy cover PS3 as well as PS4?
No, it doesn't! The delay on the PS3/Vita version is on Sony's end. There's just too many games in certification at the moment, which is slowing things down quite a bit.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts