Patch 1.19 NA and 1.20 EU

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
Hey everyone. I have to manually deploy the patch, while Sony automatically releases the DLC. Deployment takes some time, so I will tell you all when that is completed.

[MENTION=259]Gorgar[/MENTION] This happened for Dr. Who Master of Time as well even though I here for that. We have to send Sony a list of rules (I personally don't do this) telling them what season 7 pro gives them, and some confusion happens when a table isn't pro. I will look into this immediately. I do have a developer question that may sound weird though: are you able to play Ghostbusters at all?

Can't play anything new with 1.17 software. Still waiting for 1.19 or 1.20 whatever it will be.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
[MENTION=259]Gorgar[/MENTION]:

Oh my bad, I meant when the update goes out, could you try to play Ghostbusters without owning it but just owning the season 7 pass.

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
1.20 is downloading now! Woot! The PS4 store doesn't know I own GB for SPA since I bought the Mustang pack. So I can't even order the SE's art for GB and Mustang.

timeandeffort

Apr 12, 2014
Sounds like it is time to turn of the pc and get back on the ps4. Yay! Also thank you Tom for the replies, they are greatly appreciated for us fans that are hungry for more tables.

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
Wow, played GB and Creature From the Black Lagoon so far and am happy. Well, it's a little dark for me but Creature looks beautiful with all the coloring back then some.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
[MENTION=6657]Rage[/MENTION]

Sweet! The patch finished deploying at 12:10 PM today. This is my first PS4 patch, so I'm excited. Tell me how it is.

[MENTION=4361]timeandeffort[/MENTION]

Glad to hear it! My next patch is adding something really cool that I think will make the switch from PC to PS4 even better.

Bubbasco

May 13, 2014
Wow, played GB and Creature From the Black Lagoon so far and am happy. Well, it's a little dark for me but Creature looks beautiful with all the coloring back then some.

I agree it’s too dark. It’s probably just personal preference, but I’m still trying to find a lighting level I like. I’ve put the room brightness to 100% and turned the bulb brightness down slightly to around 50%, and I still feel the table graphics are too dark. I’ll keep fiddling around with settings though.

Tom: Thank you for the updates. I am happy someone finally cares so much for this version of the game and wants it to be the best it can be!

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Wow. Just checked. Tables are not dark at all. Looks like the PC version now.

Cirqus Voltaire looks amazing. Better than it looked at launch. Thanks Tom. Great patch!

For anyone having issues with a dark screen, make sure to turn off Dynamic Contrast and Black Tone on your HDTVs (Game Mode or PC Mode usually turns this off), they seriously ruin the picture and add to input lag for gaming.

Last edited:

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
My TV mode was on Custom rather than game. It makes a difference but still used Custom with PC. Fathom is sweet at 75%. The problem with my PC is that you can't see the lights well on some tables and I have no adjustments options as the menu is not there. I'm very happy with this update and won't be playing the PC anytime soon. Also on the PC, the sound quit playing through the TV and will only play through laptop speakers. All in all things are looking very good. I just wish the ball would be brighter and look more silver.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
@Captain_Caveman

I can confirm this unfortunately. Someone edited the table with some new textures and new models, and I wasn't aware of this. A QA tester alerted me to the problem an hour or two ago, and I have since fixed it.

Mar 9, 2012
That's good to hear.. so far Tom everything is fantastic with this update.. finally the PS4 is getting some love and it shows!!

Well done Tom!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
[MENTION=1214]Tom[/MENTION] Ghostbusters did unlock for me with the season pass, as did Pistol Poker, which I don't think was for sale individually.

In addition to the Fireball problem, I noticed that all of my Safecracker tokens disappeared. I mean, I'm sure I'll get every one of them again before getting that damned silver token, but that's a lot of grinding hours wasted away.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Hey Tom, can you please fix the annoying audio glitch on the High Speed table? For some reason, the audio is sped up and it's been like that for years.

Also, I got no voice in Cactus Jack just music and sound effects.

Last edited:

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
[MENTION=259]Gorgar[/MENTION]

Yikes. So in code, I made it where if you owned the season 7 pass, you would just be able to play any of the tables without having to purchase every table individually. But in addition to this, you can purchase all of the tables for free. This is a Sony side thing that I thought I would maybe be able to bypass. And it seems like I can, but their process will still be there. It looks like that code I added somehow unlocked Pistol Poker, which you are correct that it shouldn't be for sale yet. It seems that I was in the midst of adding Pistol Poker at the time of the patch, and I didn't properly remove Pistol Poker from being in the game, which is weird because I swore I removed it. I don't recommend anyone try to play Pistol Poker yet as it's probably very early stage, and there's a strong chance it won't even work as I didn't intend for it to go out with this patch. You won't have to wait much longer for Pistol Poker as I am in the midst of trying to get it out in a few weeks.

If anyone understood what I said above, do you guys think that I should keep the code in that allows you to play the season 7 tables just buy purchasing and downloading the pass? Or is it too confusing given the original Sony way of doing it (purchasing pass then each table individual) is still there?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
[MENTION=1214]Tom[/MENTION] I think what you have done with the tables automatically unlocking with the season pass is a good thing. We are just used to downloading them individually, but a new user just discovering this game Would probably be confused about all of the steps needed to take to get all of the tables.

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
I've played some Pistol Poker on PC and the 1 game I played on PS4 played very well. My Cactus Jack played normal with voices. Tom, I like the new way and it's more user friendly to the less technical inclined.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.