pyroxian

May 25, 2012
Did anyone get to play one of these?

IMG_2326.jpg

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/atei2005/index.html

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Whereabouts in the UP? Brother went to Michigan Tech, best friend lived in Rapid River...

Tabe

Near Escanaba, which is very close to Rapid River. My brother just graduated from Tech. I went to NMU up in Marquette in my younger days.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Near Escanaba, which is very close to Rapid River. My brother just graduated from Tech. I went to NMU up in Marquette in my younger days.

Awesome. Briefly dated a girl from Norway up that way, too. Beautiful country up there but them winters are not fun!

Tabe

karl

May 10, 2012
Just be glad you didn't follow that girl back to her home country ;) We've had lower than -10 C for more than two weeks in Oslo now, but some other places(inland) it can be a lot worse (-20 to -30 C) at this time of the year

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just be glad you didn't follow that girl back to her home country ;) We've had lower than -10 C for more than two weeks in Oslo now, but some other places(inland) it can be a lot worse (-20 to -30 C) at this time of the year

He was referring to Norway, MI :) it's been hovering around -20 C there recently.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Maybe this has been discussed before. But is the ProPinball really possible in the mobiles? All this lighting graphics would seem to be demanding on the processor

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Maybe this has been discussed before. But is the ProPinball really possible in the mobiles? All this lighting graphics would seem to be demanding on the processor

It's all pre-rendered, essentially just a picture, so it's definitely possible.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I wonder when it's going to start? They said that the Kickstarter would start sometime in this frame (along with the video), but when, exactly?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
They said they were filming the video this week, so I reckon by the time it's edited it might be end of next week if we are lucky. I hope they don't aim to high in the kickstarter amount this time. If they offer a good exclusive deal to backers even in the lower ranges from 25$ then even with a small target they potentially can double-up the final amt raised.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I'm considering kicking in this time, even tho I am generally against kickstarter as a business model. It's also tough to kick in when the rewards (or whatever you call them) aren't generous enough. For example there have been several films that I considered backing that didn't offer even a digital copy of the movie until the $25 dollar level. Games tend to do get this part right more often, usually offering the product at its intended retail price. I think if Silverball can get this part right they'll get my support this time around.

night

May 18, 2012
They should release TimeShock for iOS and Android, and THEN start a kickstarter project.

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
They can't do that; they need the money for the new engine.

Part of the problem is that when they were created, 1600x1200 screen resolutions were considered "high end" graphics for most computers.

These days, you can find a lot of PCs with 1080p (1920x1080) screens, and tablets with 2048x1536 (iPad), 2560x1440 (Nexus 10) screens. Plus, PCs with screens of 2560x1440 or greater resolution screens aren't unusual, a popular one is 2880x1800.

So they have to go and re-do all the artwork to handle higher resolution screens.

Members online

Members online