T2 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
i was just testing scenarios with the new system. The next build will have those bugs fixed.

N

netizen

i was just testing scenarios with the new system. The next build will have those bugs fixed.

look at you being sneaky ;)

I can totally wait on a new build. Just wanted to communicate the things I had found/seen in case there was something that had slipped through the cracks.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
lol sorry for the confusion. I made some changes after I came back from camping so the results screen will be pointing to the right place, and yeah just threw up a test invite only just to be safe and make sure nothing was broken ;) thank you for the reports all the same though I appreciate it =)

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Seriously you should focus all your efforts on enabling live online multiplayer matches. With ranking points for wins. The tournaments you have now are not the way pinball should be played. Restart, restart, restart. It's like playing poker without betting money. You loose a whole dimension which pinball games were built for in the first place. The dimension of now or never. Business wise I think it's the smartest thing you can do worth more than anything.
I still love all your tables and love you for making them, and will keep buying anything and everthing you release. I just fear you are repeating history and loosing the general public.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Regarding T2, the canon doesn't fire on its way down except the first time you shoot for multiball activation.

If you cradle a ball on right flipper and shoot into the skull, it's 99% rejected. It does happen IRL but not this frequent. I really like it though, it gives the table personality.

One time the table went to plunger camera view when multiball was collected as reward.

Screen is stretched out and lo-res at bottom part on my galaxy s3 as well.

I would also like to see the skull more chrome-ish.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
If you cradle a ball on right flipper and shoot into the skull, it's 99% rejected.

You do know you have shooting into the skull once to knock down the drop target that blocks the skull. Then you can shoot again into the skull to load the cannon.

That's how it works.

Tom

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Of course, I thought that was obvious. I mean that a shot with cradled ball from right flipper goes fast and clean and because of the clean fast hit it bounces back out of skull (yes I mean when the drop target in front of skull has been hit previously and not been raised up again) You don't seem to have this problem yourself? Is it device specifik?

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Admitedly, I don't catch, cradle and shoot everytime, but the skull loads properly for me.

The only time balls come out of skull back to playfield is when it's a slow rolling ball that almost makes it into the saucer, but doesn't quite make it.

jayzee359

Aug 12, 2013
I had posted this before

Of course, I thought that was obvious. I mean that a shot with cradled ball from right flipper goes fast and clean and because of the clean fast hit it bounces back out of skull (yes I mean when the drop target in front of skull has been hit previously and not been raised up again) You don't seem to have this problem yourself? Is it device specifik?

You shoot the shot right In with the target down and you hear a clank noise but the ball comes rolling out.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I have that on my Nexus 7 where the lock should be open and the ball just bounces out like something is in the way, it could probably recreate it at least once a game. It wouldn't strike me as weird if it was a lazy shot but when it goes in hard and fast it does seem weird.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Had this a few times myself with the saucer, I don't have the sound loud enough to hear if it makes any sound, I've just assumed the ball was not in the saucer correctly enough to lock. I find the skull lock hard to hit anyway and some times the ramps but that's good I would rather have to hit a good shot to make the ramps rather than an easy every time one as in the one on BoP. Of course this could be just me lacking aiming skills :p

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It's it just me, or is an unsuccessful left ramp shot almost always a center drain shot on this table? I didn't remember it being this bad on a real table.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
failed ramp shots can be hard to handle for both ramps on the real thing. they tend to scream RIGHT past that center post. it's highly dependent on the individual machine. I would not consider this a bug. some machines drain the ball all the time off the lock shot, and some almost never do.

Stargazer

Jul 13, 2013
Why all the brightness to the playfield?? The bright blue part around the flippers is really not a lit up area on the real table but does become a distraction here when that bright! I find it really annoying and it makes it more difficult to see and keep track of the balls!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I don't mean to seem too insistent on thos but I have to bring up the bounciness again. It actually made look up a papa video. My issue is that a screaming shot coming down a loop should bounc maybe halfway to two thirds of the way up the slings. Not halfway up the table. Aside from this I'm loving the way it plays and the angles seem right.

The only other difference that stood out is that the kickback seemed to shoot toward the right loop and bounce around the entrance on the papa table with a startling regularity. In tpa it travels smoothly up the orbit. Im sure this is a table specific thing though.

N

netizen

I totally agree on the bounce, but this isn't a problem limited to just T2. It's like the flipper rubber colour doesn't have much difference for bounce, grip etc.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I totally agree on the bounce, but this isn't a problem limited to just T2. It's like the flipper rubber colour doesn't have much difference for bounce, grip etc.

I just find that it's much more pronounced in t2 a lot like tom. It's less apparent on a lot of the tables like afm and whatnot

mc_mc

Dec 23, 2012
Do we know yet... Is T2 going to be released stand-alone, or will there be anything along with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.