Table Pack #20 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Y'all bein played, this is what you're really getting

[/img]

Good. It's one of my favorite machines of all time regardless of era.

Being totally honest, I like it better than EBD. Not to say I don't like EBD too, and I have no doubt that EBD is what will really be in pack 20.

Kalio

Oct 26, 2013
Personally I would love to see Pinball Pool, but I am biased since I played the real thing a lot. :)

2n2

Apr 15, 2012
I bet ya 5.00 it's gonna be CBW. :)

You sound confident. I hope you're right.

EBD was pretty much confirmed for some point, so it's just a matter of time. I feel like CBW's best chance is in this batch of Gottlieb tables. It kind of gets the most requested ones out of the way.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I hope it is ebd for the sake of adding a higher quality title to end season 2 but they have been on a tear with gottlieb tables. I think it's a toss up at this point.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Ok, these 3 pool tables I would like to see Eight ball Deluxe, Cue Ball Wizard, and Sharkey's Shootout. I want EBD just as much as anybody, but since we're getting El Dorado (Which is kinda old) I would like either CBW or Sharkey's Shootout. I would like to see EBD in early Season 3 and one of the others that doesn't get picked for season 2 in mid Season 3. I would love another DMD game for November please, they need to start mixing them up one DMD and the other Either early SS or EM, just my two cents.

Last edited:

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
It's no EBD, but Laser Cue is not bad. It has a similar layout to Sorcerer. That's no surprise, since they're both Williams machines from the mid-'80s.

The first table to say "Quit talking and start chalking" was EBD. Bally wins.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
So disappointed yet again. I personally don't want any more Gottlieb tables. The old ones are so slow and the newer ones just hand you multiball and extra balls way too easy. Season 2 is awful compared to season 1, with white water, cactus canyon, whirlwind, champion pub and t2 being the only awesome games. The others are fun, don't get me wrong, they just don't hold my attention for very long at all.
If farsight what to make more money out of season 2 they should be making fish tales, junk yard, roller coaster tycoon, monopoly, roadshow, indi500, judge dread, getaway etc or starting an Addams family kick starter. Just my two cents.

The only people that should be worrying about anything are the lot that saw their favorite table come in 30th place on one of those lists. That is a good bet their table is not coming anytime quick. If your table made it on a top 10 list...then relax and wait for the inevitable release of those tables.

Respect should be shown to Gottlieb as they invented, created and helped shape much of the innovation and designs that made pinball great.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
If your table made it on a top 10 list...then relax and wait for the inevitable release of those tables.

Respect should be shown to Gottlieb as they invented, created and helped shape much of the innovation and designs that made pinball great.

"Dirty Harry" and "Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street" did not make that list. :-(
(Which I still cannot believe didn't make the cut! Are you really going to tell me that "Tommy" is better than "Freddy"?!? Ha, not even close. Out of all the tables, that was the one I wanted the most. *Sigh*. Oh well.)

I also agree with you on the Gottlieb comment. Yeah, most of them are bad, but there's a few good ones out there, and not everyone has the same pinball taste.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
It's no EBD, but Laser Cue is not bad. It has a similar layout to Sorcerer. That's no surprise, since they're both Williams machines from the mid-'80s.

The first table to say "Quit talking and start chalking" was EBD. Bally wins.

LC is older than Sorcerer.

The game that it resembles most is actually Alien Poker. Same designer and everything. However, I think it's a bit more fun to play than AP.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
You sound confident. I hope you're right.

EBD was pretty much confirmed for some point, so it's just a matter of time. I feel like CBW's best chance is in this batch of Gottlieb tables. It kind of gets the most requested ones out of the way.
i have never seen EBD confirmed . while i would have liked to have seen it i am not gonna kid myself. The hand writing is on the wall it will be CBW and something else. that said i do like the Gottlieb tables but just wanted that one more bally.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'm pretty sure they did say in a reply on their Facebook at least once that EBD would be getting done at some point--it was getting requested there fairly regularly--whereas I don't think I've ever seen them mention CBW. Then again, they do like to surprise us.

Oh yeah but CBW *did* come in third in the Gottlieb poll. ... Hm okay I got nothin'. : P

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Looking over the top 40 rated tables over at ipdb, there aren't many missing from TPA.

Here are the Top 40 tables that have not been released (by Pack 19):

6 The Addams Family (WMS 1992)
9 Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (WMS 1993)
11 The Lord of the Rings (Stern 2003)
17 The Simpsons Pinball Party (Stern 2003)
18 Spider-Man (Stern 2007)
20 Judge Dredd (WMS 1993)
21 Jurassic Park (DE 1993)
23 Fish Tales (WMS 1992)
24 The Getaway: High Speed II (WMS 1992)
26 Red & Ted's Road Show (WMS 1994)
27 Revenge From Mars (WMS 1999)
28 Bram Stoker's Dracula (WMS 1992)
29 Shadow (WMS 1994)
30 The Lord of the Rings (Limited Edition) (Stern 2009)
31 Diner (Williams 1990)
34 Indianapolis 500 (WMS 1995)
38 Cyclone (Williams 1988)
39 High Speed (Williams 1986)

That's 18, so there are plenty left. I believe the unlicensed ones as Fish Tales, High Speed 2, Road Show, Revenge From Mars, Diner, Cyclone, and High Speed. Of those, I most, by far, want to see Road Show.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
That's 18, so there are plenty left. I believe the unlicensed ones as Fish Tales, High Speed 2, Road Show, Revenge From Mars, Diner, Cyclone, and High Speed. Of those, I most, by far, want to see Road Show.

Those are some damn good tables right there. If FarSight puts those out, I can die happy. Revenge from Mars can't be done anytime soon, but the others, oh yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online