Table Pack #27 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'd be pleased to see any if these. But we recently got a Rocky & Bullwinkle at a local pizza joint and it has really grown on me. Would be a nice contrast to what I think is coming for Halloween (BSD or TFTC).
R&B is a surprisingly solid table. I didn't have much time/wasn't in the mood (was sick) to get into the rules (this was at Texas Pinball Festival) but it's one of the best playing DE tables I've felt and is easily up there with their best. I preferred it to TFTC at least, but that's possibly because I'm more familiar/comfortable with the theme.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
My guess for the Stern table is Rollercoaster Tycoon. Maybe Seawitch...or if you buy into the Data East theory - then TFTC will be Table #30 - which if my math is correct,would hit in September,and give us two horror themed tables (#31 being the other one)

Let's guess now:

May - Junkyard
June - ??? (Safecracker, Party Zone are reasonable options, maybe also JackBot)
July - Diner
August 1 - Bram Stoker's Dracula + end of Season 3
August 2 - Tales from the Crypt + start of Season 4

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Let's guess now:

May - Junkyard
June - ??? (Safecracker, Party Zone are reasonable options, maybe also JackBot)
July - Diner
August 1 - Bram Stoker's Dracula + end of Season 3
August 2 - Tales from the Crypt + start of Season 4

One problem: Both are Halloween games, and I doubt that they'll include them until September and October.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
This is actually false, as I've personally asked about it. They made it because they wanted to make it.

Yes, it's true the Williams license contract had run out, but they also had very little Gottlieb tables at the time, hence why they put so many out. Plus, Gottlieb tables are cheaper and easier to obtain for them. Don't take my word for it, ask them yourself. There was never any plan to release EBD over CBW, despite what some want to believe.

They made CBW—when they did—because they couldn't make a non-Gottlieb table. It's that simple.

I don't recall anyone suggesting that EBD was planned over CBW. A lot of posters here insisted that EBD was a done deal, in general. This was assumed true to the point that several posters stated they wouldn't vote for EBD in polls.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
They made CBW—when they did—because they couldn't make a non-Gottlieb table. It's that simple.

I don't recall anyone suggesting that EBD was planned over CBW. A lot of posters here insisted that EBD was a done deal, in general. This was assumed true to the point that several posters stated they wouldn't vote for EBD in polls.

It was stated on Facebook by farsight that they chose to make cbw at the time because they felt it was a better game. They also still had the rights to create WMS games as they put out a few season three tables prior to renegotiating an expansion on their licensing deal. Ebd will very likely come out eventually. It was in the top ten for Bally and it is often requested. But they also don't need to do it so close to the release of cbw. Certain themes can be put out repeatedly because they are general enogh. Ebd and cbw are very specific so spreading them out is a better plan.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
It was stated on Facebook by farsight that they chose to make cbw at the time because they felt it was a better game. They also still had the rights to create WMS games as they put out a few season three tables prior to renegotiating an expansion on their licensing deal. Ebd will very likely come out eventually. It was in the top ten for Bally and it is often requested. But they also don't need to do it so close to the release of cbw. Certain themes can be put out repeatedly because they are general enough. Ebd and cbw are very specific so spreading them out is a better plan.

Thank you. I've only said this exact statement about 1,000 times now. lol

It's like people just refuse to listen.

Listen, it's not a table I want by any means, but it seems to be VERY wanted around here, so for everyone's sake, I hope you guys get it. Unfortunately, it probably won't be coming for a while, esp so close to CBW, and with 2 other pool themed tables already in place.

That goes back to this poll (see below). The poll was for which one you wanted first, Fireball, Centaur, or 8 Ball deluxe. I assumed this meant we would get all three and that we were just picking which would come first. I'm sure others made the same assumption.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...-classic-Bally-table!?highlight=Fireball+poll

Personally, even as overrated as I think EDB is, I would've much rather had that than "Centaur".

I think "Centaur" is even MORE overrated than EBD!

*Let the attacks begin!* :p

Last edited:

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
The next Pool Table theme is going to be Stern's Sharkey's Shootout, IMO it is much better and more fun then Eight Ball Deluxe. I played Eight Ball and Sharkey's at a Pinball show in Orlando this past November, I couldn't even finish the second ball in eight ball, but I couldn't stop playing Sharkey's Shootout. My question is what's so great about Eight Ball Deluxe, for that era I would love to see Xenon which is one of my favorite early 80's Pinball Machine, I won't be buying Eight Ball, but to all you guys that want it so bad, I will say a prayer for you that you get it.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
The next Pool Table theme is going to be Stern's Sharkey's Shootout, IMO it is much better and more fun then Eight Ball Deluxe. I played Eight Ball and Sharkey's at a Pinball show in Orlando this past November, I couldn't even finish the second ball in eight ball, but I couldn't stop playing Sharkey's Shootout. My question is what's so great about Eight Ball Deluxe, for that era I would love to see Xenon which is one of my favorite early 80's Pinball Machine, I won't be buying Eight Ball, but to all you guys that want it so bad, I will say a prayer for you that you get it.

I don't think it's all that great, especially the annoying sound effects. In the end though, I'll buy it if it gets made. I'm always gonna buy all the tables, even if I don't like some of them. (That way, I keep helping Farsight make pinball tables and friends and family that come over have all the variety in the world to choose from)

I'm definitely with you on "Sharkey's Shootout". I haven't played that one in years, but I remember it was pretty decent. To be quite honest, I think "Big Shot" is the most fun pool themed table.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Sharkeys Shootout is a total ripoff of ebd with added features and aliens. Stern should be lucky they didn't get sued over that one. They could have at least given George christian design credits. John Borg has made some really great original designs but he is also the most blatant thief of successful designs.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I think the enthusiasm for Eight Ball Deluxe is more as a nostalgia play than for quality of play or ruleset. Time was you couldn't walk outside your house without tripping over two Eight Ball Deluxe tables. I think because it was so ubiquitous at one time, people remember it, and nostalgia is definitely one of the motivators in generating zealotry for a given table. That's the reason I want it more than any specific play quality that I remember.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Why do we have to wait until Halloween until we get Halloween tables.No idea why Halloween is so big in the US
Over here in Australia it's almost non existant.Just like any other day.
Long story short.Hope we get Dracula way before October.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Why do we have to wait until Halloween until we get Halloween tables.No idea why Halloween is so big in the US

If it's coming this season, we will. Season 4 will start in October if a monthly release is kept up.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Sharkeys Shootout is a total ripoff of ebd with added features and aliens. Stern should be lucky they didn't get sued over that one. They could have at least given George christian design credits. John Borg has made some really great original designs but he is also the most blatant thief of successful designs.

I remember seeing somewhere that Jon Norris originally designed it as Golden Cue for Sega. This was before his falling-out with Gary Stern. Norris evidently tried to get his machine in lieu of severance pay when he left Stern.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong BTW.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I think the enthusiasm for Eight Ball Deluxe is more as a nostalgia play than for quality of play or ruleset. Time was you couldn't walk outside your house without tripping over two Eight Ball Deluxe tables. I think because it was so ubiquitous at one time, people remember it, and nostalgia is definitely one of the motivators in generating zealotry for a given table. That's the reason I want it more than any specific play quality that I remember.

I never played it until about 4 years ago. No nostalgia here, I just love the table.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

Halloween is the same as Christmas. It's a pretty big holiday over here.

Regardless, I agree with you. Let's just get the dang table already!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
As for Phantom, it is not based on the licensed work and the story is public domain. The music is either generic or public domain (Bach). I don't think it would require much for licensing and it's also been stated it wouldn't need one. There was a while where many contradictions were said though but I'm not sure what they'd be kickstarting for that.

Another update on Phantom by Farsight:

There could be, I may have made a mistake when I said it would be hard to license. As has been established here, I'm not perfect. I assumed it was based on the movie, book, or play license. Either way we're not planning on this table in the immediate future, but as always fan interest plays a role in determining which licenses to pursue.

-Steve

N

netizen

Halloween is the same as Christmas. It's a pretty big holiday over here.

Regardless, I agree with you. Let's just get the dang table already!

Isn't Thanksgiving more like Christmas in the states than Halloween, in how much they have been commercialized and the relation to shopping.

I would correlate Halloween, New Years, Cinco De Mayo or Mardi Gras more.

Personally I prefer Mondays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts