Taxi and Harley Davidson release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonPoker

Jul 19, 2012
In french, when something everybody's talking never come, its called "l'Arlésienne".

DLC#5 is "l'Arlésienne" ... :(

Last edited:

Zyo75

Jul 28, 2012
Maybe someone at Apple lost the keys of the garage where the Taxi and the Harley Davidson are parked...

J2fold

Jul 28, 2012
What these guys at Farsight need to do is sandbag their release dates. They should give or take and extra week or two on the later side then what they expect the actual release date. That being said I heard they will release 4 tables at once which would mean maybe a Halloween release, in which case Sept 15th would of been kinda of early. Farsight is not the only slow pokes for example ZEN 2 still has not released Fantastic 4 table which is a Fantastic table ( see what I just did there?). BTW Apple will have a update to the ios and with the iphone 5 which does not come out until the 21st. It would make sense if many app updates are being resubmitted.

Mudfinger

Jun 6, 2012
It makes no sense that the impending release of iOS 6 would make an update late, unless Apple is the size of a company like ..say....Farsight.

an ox

May 28, 2012
Apple do seem to be a bit slow at the moment, I've had a couple of OSX games waiting for review for nearly 2 weeks now. Given the iPhone 5 launch, getting ready for iOS 6 rollout and such maybe they are just a bit slower than usual right now. Give it time :).

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
This really isn't that big a deal…table pack 5 will be released sooner or later, and the world will keep turning.

That said, I do hope Farsight has learned its lesson about announcing release dates it has no control over. They ought to just keep completely quiet until it's actually in the App Store, like pretty much every other app developer does. Pre-announcing release dates (even if they're just *estimated*) is a recipe for disappointment, and it's totally avoidable. Some say "well then people would just complain that there's no info", but I think this is a false equivalency at best. A few people may get a little antsy for info about upcoming tables, but it's clearly nowhere near as bad as announcing a date (estimated or not; it makes no difference) and then having a fresh wave of disappointment among your biggest fans for each day that goes by without it showing up in the App Store.

Take a page from Apple's book and always keep the focus on what's available *now*. Even if you manage to hit your estimated release date right on the nose, you're still asking for trouble, because all the anticipation that built up between the announcement and the release could still backfire if it turns out one or both of the new tables has some kind of showstopper bug that spoils the party. If nobody was expecting the release, the potential disappointment will be much less significant.

Me, I'm not that concerned about it. I've got a hundred other games on my iPhone and iPad, and plenty of other things to do besides play games (9-5 job, for starters). That said, I was very much looking forward to table pack 5, and have now spent two+ weeks needlessly checking the App Store several times a day for nothing. Had no dates been announced, I'd have been pleasantly surprised when it arrived, even if it wasn't until a month from now. All of this could have been avoided by just keeping quiet until it was actually in the store.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Oh, and by the way, I've gotten 30-40 app updates in the last few days, so this has nothing to do with Apple being "slow" due to iOS 6. There are more pending app updates than usual, but the app reviewers aren't in any way involved in the iOS 6 launch, and there's an army of them working 7 days a week doing nothing but auditing new and updated apps. If there was really a serious bottleneck on updates, there would be a slowdown or freeze on new apps as all the staff get diverted to updates only, but if you look in the App Store, there are still literally hundreds of new apps being added to the store every single day, and that hasn't changed at all over the past few days. The process might be taking a few extra days than usual, but there obviously isn't any significant hold-up on Apple's end.

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
That said, I do hope Farsight has learned its lesson about announcing release dates it has no control over. They ought to just keep completely quiet until it's actually in the App Store, like pretty much every other app developer does. Pre-announcing release dates (even if they're just *estimated*) is a recipe for disappointment, and it's totally avoidable. Some say "well then people would just complain that there's no info", but I think this is a false equivalency at best. A few people may get a little antsy for info about upcoming tables, but it's clearly nowhere near as bad as announcing a date (estimated or not; it makes no difference) and then having a fresh wave of disappointment among your biggest fans for each day that goes by without it showing up in the App Store.
You can schedule a release date for the App Store. Most game releases/updates are put out on a Thursday as a result of this. There are plenty of apps getting updates out in far shorter times than this last Pinball Arcade update. (I have had some apps with multiple updates since Farsight announced it had failed cert.)

What Farsight needs to do is actually have an update pass cert, and schedule a release date for all platforms (preferably Thursday at 00:00 like all other games) and release simultaneously. Keep "mobile" as one platform, "console" as another and "computer" on their own release schedules.

I have long said that Farsight has needed to slow down on their updates and focus on fixing bugs and putting out better quality releases (lately it seems to be one step forwards and two steps back with each update) and hopefully this is what's happening now, but the pessimist in me just says they've failed to pass cert. again and are resubmitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.