Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Anyways it's probably just a vocal minority. Like the dr. Dude haters. I see strong enthusiasm for it and I am confident they'll reach the ks goal.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
The problem is that T2 is such a good table (and so popular) that many fanatics who would probably stick $100+ on it have already got their own version of it in their playroom.

And the whole delivery on past kickstarters thing, yes it probably looks like whining but "put up or shut up" isn't really the best way to counter this, because when they shut up and vote with their wallets they get whined at for not giving Farsight any more time.

karl

May 10, 2012
I don't get the logic in that Rudy. If there ever was a Lord of The Rings Kickstarter or Indiana Jones I would be emptying my wallet just as fast or even faster than with games I am not familiar with. Who wouldn't want a digital copy of their price possession :D

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
The problem is that T2 is such a good table (and so popular) that many fanatics who would probably stick $100+ on it have already got their own version of it in their playroom.

And the whole delivery on past kickstarters thing, yes it probably looks like whining but "put up or shut up" isn't really the best way to counter this, because when they shut up and vote with their wallets they get whined at for not giving Farsight any more time.

This is just silly, no offense Rudy. The first part. The second sentence, I don't know what you're even saying here.

The KS is off to a good start, and it's clear to me that the vocal minority is just that, VOCAL. And a minority. Lately I've just been observing some goofy logic, panic, and hyperbole on this board. Most serious kickstarter backers who believe in this product and want to see it succeed aren't losing sleep because their 5$ kickstarter code didn't work. And the idea that the serious T2 fans all actually own the table is just, again appologies if this sounds harsh, nonsense.

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
The KS is off to a good start, and it's clear to me that the vocal minority is just that, VOCAL. And a minority. Lately I've just been observing some goofy logic, panic, and hyperbole on this board. Most serious kickstarter backers who believe in this product and want to see it succeed aren't losing sleep because their 5$ kickstarter code didn't work. And the idea that the serious T2 fans all actually own the table is just, again appologies if this sounds harsh, nonsense.

I backed the two previous kickstarter's and still purchased the table's when they were released. I'll be doing the same with this one too. Although T2 wasn't my first choice for the kickstarter I'm just happy to get more great tables in TPA.

I agree with you Mark. A statement that fans of T2 which would donate $100+ already own it just doesn't sound right. There's no data to support this.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I pledged $50 but will still buythe table on iOS/ps3/360/pc ;)
I don't care about the rewards, I just want it on TPA! :)

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
I'm holding off until the end of the Kickstarter to donate...if it's clear it will succeed I will drop $20 on it. I will go up to $100 though if it's below goal.

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
I don't particularly want T2, I'd buy it if it comes to market to keep my full TPA set complete. But it won't break my heart if TPA doesn't get T2. I'm just not that crazy for the real table.
I also wouldn't back TAF, but I would back Simpsons or Indy or Family guy (if rom emu was possible).

For me, the particular table being Kickstarted is irrelevant. This is a poll: Does the fan community want tables with expensive licenses in TPA? The only reason Farsight went through Kickstarter in the first place is because fans were begging for Twilight Zone, a table they had already rejected doing because the license was too costly. It was this community that suggested Kickstarter, and Farsight did it despite the hassles involved. If we say 'no' on this one, that will tell them the support isn't there for tables that aren't more popular T2. That's a list that conceivably could include every licensed table not named The Addams Family.

I wish Farsight would skip Kickstarter and charge $10 for T2, but that's more risk than they are comfortable with, and no doubt they'd get shredded on Facebook for making a cash grab. Which is ludicrous, by the way: I can't think of a worse way to get rich on the Internet than digitizing pinball tables.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I really like T2, but I don't feel like its going to work as a digital recreation.

What makes you say that, Carl?

For me, the particular table being Kickstarted is irrelevant. This is a poll: Does the fan community want tables with expensive licenses in TPA? The only reason Farsight went through Kickstarter in the first place is because fans were begging for Twilight Zone, a table they had already rejected doing because the license was too costly. It was this community that suggested Kickstarter, and Farsight did it despite the hassles involved. If we say 'no' on this one, that will tell them the support isn't there for tables that aren't more popular T2. That's a list that conceivably could include every licensed table not named The Addams Family.

I wish Farsight would skip Kickstarter and charge $10 for T2, but that's more risk than they are comfortable with, and no doubt they'd get shredded on Facebook for making a cash grab. Which is ludicrous, by the way: I can't think of a worse way to get rich on the Internet than digitizing pinball tables.

Well said. You are absolutely right.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Okay, I was a bit late to the party with the last kickstarters (i.e. i missed them!)

I'm wondering how the trend went with them in terms of amount pledged over the duration.

I know it's early days, but I'm not confident T2 is going to make it without significant promotion.

Currently < $7000 after the initial surge.

No doubt activity will taper off too.

Apr 8, 2012

These are my thoughts on this kickstarter exactly. I've contributed for the future of TPA, not so much for T2, even though I love the table.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
What makes you say that, Carl?

I just feel like it's going to become a diluted. You have to play a real T2 to know what all the fuss is about, the goals are pretty basic, get multiball, lock the balls, jp, re-lock, super jp. But it gives a huge sense of accomplishment, the TPA version is going to make this far too easy to rinse and repeat.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not backing this because of:
- The way Farsight mishandled the distribution of the awards of the previous two Kickstarter campaigns. My Twilight zone code took forever and I didn't even get a working Star Trek, despite mailing several times. In the end I bought additional copies of both tables.
- he fact that there are still persistent bugs in the core of the PS3 version more than a year after the release, as well as in all the additional packs.

Best of luck to the campaign but I will hold off buying anything TPA until there's a bug-free PS4 version.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
As for the general T2 lack of enthusiasm. It baffles me. I could not stop playing it at Papa in April. It's one of those pins where every shot just feels perfect. It's fast, fun, and satisfying as all hell. Better than Bram Stokers Dracula IMO and definitely one of Steve Richies best. IMO way more fun than Star Trek.
There is not very much depth to the table. You can either hit the skull and go for multiball and the super jackpot, or hit the ramps and go for Payback Time. That's about it.

Some people like that and think T2 is elegant in its simplicity. Others are used to more complex machines and get bored of T2 pretty quickly.

(Also: Once you've played an AC/DC, which is basically a T2 with better sound - assuming you like their music - and a vastly more intricate ruleset, playing a T2 feels very austere, even spartan.)

Last edited:

Belgarion

Apr 17, 2013
Just pledged $50, my first pledge ever! TPA deserves a big support from their fans base. They are really doing a great jib and we should all try to help them to keep making great tables available ! :)

N

netizen

TZ and ST:TNG were sold for $8, for the pro pack, directly after the KS; if there was no KS the tables would have to be sold for $20+ to re-coup licensing costs.

Last edited:

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
TZ and ST:TNG were sold for $10 directly after the KS; if there was no KS the tables would have to be sold for $20+ to re-coup licensing costs.

Are you talking about the pro versions? I bought them for $5 each on Android. But I take your point -- the math probably doesn't work for them without Kickstarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts