The Addams Family - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rhandos

I liked the movies as a kid. They don't feel forced to me, it's just like they threw any sense of reality out of the window and had fun with it.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
plus one more shot (like Rudy shot) and no ball saver and no video mode. Bumpers always designed for a quick drain.

Two sets of bumpers, multiball jackpots on the upper flipper shots (infuriating), cellar holes galore... I could go on.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The daily update is - just a few details to iron out before we start the kickstarter. It's coming soon.
That is your update every day until they start the kickstarter.

I'm anxious for it to get here too, but I wouldn't expect to hear anything until the kickstarter begins.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The daily update is - just a few details to iron out before we start the kickstarter. It's coming soon.

I'm anxious for it to get here too, but I wouldn't expect to hear anything until the kickstarter begins.

Exactly.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Taf

---------------
yea...I'll believe it when I see it. :cool::rolleyes:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I was never a fan of the TV show, but I loved the movie when it came out. To be honest, I still enjoy it after all the years. I'm not sure how people can say it was "dull"? It couldn't have been THAT bad, it only raked in $113,502,246 in the United States and a worldwide gross of $191,502,246. It eventually became the seventh highest grossing film of 1991. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_addams_family_%28film%29#Box_office) Oh, and it spawned a sequel. (No matter how terrible THAT film was)

The sequel, however, was unbearable. It usually puts me to sleep pretty quick whenever I catch it on TV. It's easily one of the worst sequels that instantly come to mind. It only grossed $48,919,043, total. I'd call that a steep decline, financially, than the first one. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addams_Family_Values#Box_office)

I usually don't put too much stock into Rotten Tomatoes, but more so with how a film does financially, and these films are a prime reason for that. As for a remake, I keep telling people how great Javier Bardem would be as "Gomez Addams" if they ever truly do one.

Last edited:

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Summer is nearly over Farsight
Where is the damn kickstarter or has it been delayed until the Fall
Communication with your fans would be nice

Who am I kidding.This is Farsight.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I was never a fan of the TV show, but I loved the movie when it came out. To be honest, I still enjoy it after all the years. I'm not sure how people can say it was "dull"? It couldn't have been THAT bad, it only raked in $113,502,246 in the United States and a worldwide gross of $191,502,246. It eventually became the seventh highest grossing film of 1991. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_addams_family_%28film%29#Box_office) Oh, and it spawned a sequel. (No matter how terrible THAT film was)

The sequel, however, was unbearable. It usually puts me to sleep pretty quick whenever I catch it on TV. It's easily one of the worst sequels that instantly come to mind. It only grossed $48,919,043, total. I'd call that a steep decline, financially, than the first one. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addams_Family_Values#Box_office)

I usually don't put too much stock into Rotten Tomatoes, but more so with how a film does financially, and these films are a prime reason for that. As for a remake, I keep telling people how great Javier Bardem would be as "Gomez Addams" if they ever truly do one.

Ever seen Transformers?

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013

Weeeeeellllllll...
Next newsletter?
Maybe?
Hope so...
But you know...
Maybe not...
Who knows...

Does even farsight knows?

Kidding of course ;)

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
I usually don't put too much stock into Rotten Tomatoes, but more so with how a film does financially, and these films are a prime reason for that.

That's a terrible way to judge movies.

Summer has another month to go.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Ever seen Transformers?

No, it was one of the rare few cartoons from my day that I never got into. Plus, the movies are done by Michael Bay, who I think is the Antichrist of Filmmakers. I try as much as possible to not give that man a dime of my money, in the hopes that one day he'll just stop making terrible movies.

That's a terrible way to judge movies.

I could say the same for basing an opinion from a Rotten Tomatoes rating.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
No, it was one of the rare few cartoons from my day that I never got into. Plus, the movies are done by Michael Bay, who I think is the Antichrist of Filmmakers. I try as much as possible to not give that man a dime of my money, in the hopes that one day he'll just stop making terrible movies.

That's exactly my point. All of those movies did incredibly well at the box office, but they were all stinkers. The average cinemagoer is not intelligent. High box office returns do not equal good movie.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I liked the movies as a kid. They don't feel forced to me, it's just like they threw any sense of reality out of the window and had fun with it.

I actually can't stand people with their expectations of movies nowadays. It was a fun movie based on a comedy series. I don't get why people need movies to be so plausible...the more off the wall the better. But people just feel the need to be cynical these days.

Maybe the idea of communicating with you just isn't that appealing to them. If they communicated as often as you demand, they wouldn't have time to develop the damn game.

That's exactly my point. All of those movies did incredibly well at the box office, but they were all stinkers. The average cinemagoer is not intelligent. High box office returns do not equal good movie.

Micheal Bay Movies aren't all that bad...ok Pearl Harbor was terrible, and I'm hearing really bad things about the last Transformers movie. But seriously, why does every movie in the world have to be a cerebral affair.

Take the new TMNT movie for instance, seriously I think everyone just decided in advance that they wouldn't like it and just stuck to it.
It was entertaining, funny, the action was satisfying and it had some bad dialog thrown in for good measure.
It's the god damned ninja turtles, turn your brain off for two hours and watch it as if you were 8 years old again (how old were you when you watched the cartoon?). Did you watch the cartoon expecting a compelling drama that was trying to explore the fragility of the human condition? Or did you want to see some corny one liners from mutant turtles eating pizza and skateboarding?

Quite frankly, I just think that people just don't want to enjoy anything anymore, and fine, go ahead and let everything make you miserable. Me...I have no problems shutting my brain off and just enjoying visceral fun and mindless explosions. I effing like explosions.

I'm in no way suggesting that Mr. Bay should get any Academy awards or anything, but taken for what they are, his movies aren't that bad.

But then again, i guess people take their talking turtle martial artists and rat ninja masters seriously.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
^^ +1

Especially the part about turning my brain off and watching explosions.

That said, the Transformers movies are so goddamned painful to watch, I'm wondering how I even made myself watch the second one after sitting through the first.

That said, the last movie I saw had some nature in it. A raccoon(1) and a tree(2).

(1) who liked blowing stuff up;
(2) that walked, talked albeit somewhat repetitively, and smashed stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts