The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Hmmm. The physics on Medieval Madness already felt greatly improved in the last release, but the flipper gap still seemed wide in that version.

N

Nik Barbour

Who's betting those "Table Goals" stars won't light up if you've already gotten them?:D

Fungi-
Just checked that - they are dead at the minute, if they were ever intended to work. Not responding to either partial or all 5 complete goals.
Menu is very much a work in progress though.

Matt-
My bad, I didn't notice the improvement last update and assumed it was this one.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
8udebemu.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious....

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
That's why you don't normally share work-in-progress :p

The concept in the menu is a vast improvement, it's just the button backgrounds not matching the size and positions of the texts.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
So you'll still have to scroll through the tables to pick the one you want? Why not have tile based option too a la pbfx2? You could use that on half the screen and something similar to the new version on the other side.

multi

Dec 5, 2012
Pinball HD Collection does it so much nicer in a similar style. You can also customize the position you want the tables to appear in the UI.

Dinosaur Toy

Sep 10, 2012
I'd gone with Playstation/Vita as my primary platform, but have given up and am getting the tables for Android now. Until they fix their workflow, hire more testers, or whatever is the problem, seems Farsight can't cope with the console certification process.

Perhaps, if the Wii U version ever appears, they'll have better luck there. We've been hearing that Nintendo is far more Steam-like than the other consoles - just with a slightly longer delay until a game patch goes live compared to Steam, Android, or iOS.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Guys, for those of you not getting the newsletter if you have before, check your spam. Mine was in there even though its never been in there before. Weird.

Oh, and no PS3 update till the end of January or beginning of February, :(

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
There's a very good reason why TZ got delayed on PS3, and it was through absolutely no fault of FarSight's. Learned of it just the other day when I went up there. I'm not able to divulge the info, but let's just say other parties took notice of a certain something with TZ and thought they were legally being infringed upon, so contracts had to be proven. You can't imagine some of the BS these guys have to deal with.

Also, I inquired about release notes...they plan on improving in that aspect. Again, there are other circumstances.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
There's a very good reason why TZ got delayed on PS3, and it was through absolutely no fault of FarSight's. Learned of it just the other day when I went up there. I'm not able to divulge the info, but let's just say other parties took notice of a certain something with TZ and thought they were legally being infringed upon, so contracts had to be proven. You can't imagine some of the BS these guys have to deal with.

Also, I inquired about release notes...they plan on improving in that aspect. Again, there are other circumstances.

This info leaked elsewhere , they thought Twilight Zone infringed on the "then about to premiere" Twilight franchise third film , and with the recent court injunctions on things like Hobbit movies trying to infringe on that film , they had to cover their butts with the table release. Yes welcome to LAW LAW LaND , where a videogame based on a 60 year old TV series infringes on a 5 year old film for emo brats.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This info leaked elsewhere , they thought Twilight Zone infringed on the "then about to premiere" Twilight franchise third film , and with the recent court injunctions on things like Hobbit movies trying to infringe on that film , they had to cover their butts with the table release. Yes welcome to LAW LAW LaND , where a videogame based on a 60 year old TV series infringes on a 5 year old film for emo brats.
Seriously? Someone couldn't tell the difference between Twilight and Twilight Zone?

I fear for the future of our society.

EDIT: And all this while something that probably IS actually infringing is going on elsewhere: Thanks to VP we now have an original table none of us wanted to see

Last edited:

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I also know that Paramount is soon locking down any legacy Star Trek releases in preparation for the film. Hope that doesn't become an issue. I know they they had to get the original series soundtrack box set out by the end of the year or they couldn't releases it until 2014.

Last edited:

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I'd gone with Playstation/Vita as my primary platform, but have given up and am getting the tables for Android now. Until they fix their workflow, hire more testers, or whatever is the problem, seems Farsight can't cope with the console certification process.

Perhaps, if the Wii U version ever appears, they'll have better luck there. We've been hearing that Nintendo is far more Steam-like than the other consoles - just with a slightly longer delay until a game patch goes live compared to Steam, Android, or iOS.

You're very impatient and also ignorant. First of all, touch screen pinball provides nowhere near the experience of playing with a controller that has actual buttons. Touch screens just don't cut it for a pinball game, even though others may think otherwise. Also, I wonder if your Android device can use the hi res graphics, as my Galaxy Tab 10.1 can't...

Second, FS' workflow is fine. Everyone knows their QA is a little suspect, to say the least. But here is where your ignorance really comes in. Once a game enters the console submission process it's a matter of waiting until it passes their QA. FS can't speed it up. Sony has content go live three weeks after it passes their QA (read that somewhere). Don't know about M$. FS would have the content out within the next hour is they could do that. They need cash flow. That simple. They're a business. They want money. And they want the money now. What business doesn't? If someone ordered the biggest amount of widgets in your business' history would you rather have the customer pay now or a month from now?

Sorry for being blunt, but I hope you're further educated as to how the console submission process works. It sucks I know, and you and I can probably agree that console companies need to change this in the future.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
You're very impatient and also ignorant. First of all, touch screen pinball provides nowhere near the experience of playing with a controller that has actual buttons. Touch screens just don't cut it for a pinball game, even though others may think otherwise. Also, I wonder if your Android device can use the hi res graphics, as my Galaxy Tab 10.1 can't...

Second, FS' workflow is fine. Everyone knows their QA is a little suspect, to say the least. But here is where your ignorance really comes in. Once a game enters the console submission process it's a matter of waiting until it passes their QA. FS can't speed it up. Sony has content go live three weeks after it passes their QA (read that somewhere). Don't know about M$. FS would have the content out within the next hour is they could do that. They need cash flow. That simple. They're a business. They want money. And they want the money now. What business doesn't? If someone ordered the biggest amount of widgets in your business' history would you rather have the customer pay now or a month from now?

Sorry for being blunt, but I hope you're further educated as to how the console submission process works. It sucks I know, and you and I can probably agree that console companies need to change this in the future.

Maybe you should direct your douchey "ignorant" insults towards yourself instead.

1. He switched from the Vita version to Android for now because the Vita version is pretty broken, but he still would like to play TPA on a platform that works better. He didn't say a single thing about touch controls or graphics.

2. His point about QA and certification seems to be about the poor quality control the Vita (and possibly PS3) has seen. Also that Farsight seems to hit more delays than other developers (probably due to their own mistakes) and possibly the fact that they have failed certification before. He wasn't specifically talking about the time it takes for Sony to approve it blah blah blah...

Sorry for being blunt, but it seems you completely misunderstood him.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
He plays on both PS3 and vita.

Where did he say he would like to play on a platform that works better? Point that one out. Plus I don't know where I misunderstood him. He seems to want to play the newest tables right here, right now. That's just being impatient.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.