The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread

silverjaguar7

Sep 26, 2012
Really loving Pin Bot, not overly complicated, great artwork. Centaur is decent too, but I really hope we get 8 Ball Deluxe in the near future since it has great gameplay.

N

netizen

Really loving this new table, not overly complicated, great artwork. the B side is decent too, but I really hope we get [my favorite table] in the near future since it has great gameplay.

your post was excellently worded and provided a good template for the standard response that arrives after every table pack.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Really loving Pin Bot, not overly complicated, great artwork. Centaur is decent too, but I really hope we get 8 Ball Deluxe in the near future since it has great gameplay.

Pin Bot has been a lot of fun, it looks great and sure brought back a lot of memories from the 80's when I first played the RT. It does make my heart ache for a ROM emulated version of BK. I want the table to look as good as Pin Bot's. Since they are two of my all time favorite games.

+1 for 8 Ball Deluxe. Centaur has made me hungry to hit a bunch of in-line drop targets with the table ball and not a ball locked in a chamber that needs to be hit to drop the target.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Pin Bot has been a lot of fun, it looks great and sure brought back a lot of memories from the 80's when I first played the RT. It does make my heart ache for a ROM emulated version of BK. I want the table to look as good as Pin Bot's. Since they are two of my all time favorite games.

+1 for 8 Ball Deluxe. Centaur has made me hungry to hit a bunch of in-line drop targets with the table ball and not a ball locked in a chamber that needs to be hit to drop the target.

They did say a emulated BK is coming with art improvements. Really looking forward to that one myself, one of my favorites too.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I'm so glad I suck at Pin*Bot, I must have played about 20 games before the "you've passed the high score, do you want to buy it?" screen came up :p

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
I am very disappointed in this release, I am running iOS 5.1.1. in the description it states iOS 5.1 will crash, doesn't say 5.1.1 will, and although I understand that 5.1.1 is a bug fix version of 5.1, I would have thought that if it affected 5.1.1 it would have indicated all versions of 5.1, or all versions that would be affected...hope the fix comes soon cuz I already miss my pinball

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I'm so glad I suck at Pin*Bot, I must have played about 20 games before the "you've passed the high score, do you want to buy it?" screen came up :p

TZ is the game I can't beat the score to purchase the game. I'm at 25 and counting. I played the RT brand new in Seattle and TZ is the only table I've played that I've never won a game on points. :confused: I will buy the table once I've reached the low hi-score. ;)

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I received my newsletter about 15 minutes ago. Here's the Table Pack 15 hint:

"After being told that he was going to be Table of the Month, the normally cool Dr. Dude spun out the front door to the local tavern. Can you guess which two tables will be in Table Pack 15?"

I thought it was whirlwind when I first read the riddle ;however, spun out could refer to victory as the next table to be paired champion pub. Victory is a confirmed table.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
I thought it was whirlwind when I first read the riddle ;however, spun out could refer to victory as the next table to be paired champion pub. Victory is a confirmed table.

I think the image of Dr. Dude with the whirlwind fist is a pretty solid confirmation. On the other hand, I would bet good money that the next tables we see (Pack #16) are Fish Tales and Victory. Just sayin...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think the image of Dr. Dude with the whirlwind fist is a pretty solid confirmation. On the other hand, I would bet good money that the next tables we see (Pack #16) are Fish Tales and Victory. Just sayin...

What makes you think Fish Tales is a sure thing for pack 16? Do you know something we don't?

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
What makes you think Fish Tales is a sure thing for pack 16? Do you know something we don't?

Not at all. I just think it's a process of elimination. Unless FarSight has secured the rights to something we're unaware of, I think Fish Tales would be the most logical of the high-demand tables that are left, at least amongst the unlicensed ones that are relatively easy to acquire. There are only a few quintessential non-licensed tables we haven't heard about yet. I don't think we'll see any classic Sterns until after Flight 2000, which is reportedly a few months away. The same should be true for EBD or Fireball, which would be doubtful right on the heals of Centaur's voted release. T2, Indiana Jones, and The Getaway are big Williams tables, but they'll need licensing that I don't believe has happened yet. We won't receive a Sega or Data East table for some time, as they've been projected for 2014. The easier New Stern licenses rank far below a table like Fish Tales (NASCAR, Monopoly, Sharkey's, etc). And with Centaur and Champion Pub being back-to-back Bally releases, I would expect a Williams or a Gottlieb. With Victory likely filling the Gottlieb and PHoF slots, a Williams is the best bet, and what table would be higher priority on the Williams short list than Fish Tales, which commands a broad appeal similar to White Water? Sure, I would much prefer Swords of Fury, but Fish Tales is an admittedly safer guess. But again, that's all it is - an educated guess...

All that being said, we're finally reaching that point I've really been waiting for - the point where PHoF tables are almost all accounted for and big licenses will be fewer and far between due to complex funding issues. This will be the time when lesser-known tables, the real underdogs and personal player favorites get a chance at TPA release. In a way, we've already started to see this with Centaur and the upcoming Flight 2000, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Most people know that I'm thinking of SoF, Xenon, and Haunted House (my long-established trinity on these forums), but what about your personal favorite or the next guy's? Our recommendations and votes, along with FS's staff favorites, mean more than ever now. I'm still holding out hope for a full four seasons and a total of 100 TPA tables, and if that proves true, this season is going to be a blast as we fill the time it takes FS to secure the big names like TAF, T2, etc.

Personally, I've never been more jazzed to be involved in TPA. The best is yet to come.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Agree about Fish tales probably coming soon, but there's still a few from the gottlieb collection left so probably another 4 or 5 months at least until we will see two completely new tables a month (if they still decide to do two tables every month after that)
Remember that the reason they decided to do two a month was to redo all their phof tables and give us something new along the way. I hope they keep going at the same speed but we have had no confirmation about it yet(as far as I know)

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
I don't mind a few more PHoF tables. That wasn't really my point, but I don't think FS has given us full confirmation on any of the remaining ones (Sorcerer, Ace High, Tee'd Off, El Dorado City of Gold). I would like to see all four of those, but I hope we can skip Goin' Nuts, SnS, and Jive Time (which it seems the general consensus is we won't see those). I think I've made my feelings on those quite clear in a variety of previous posts...

Anyway... yes, I think Fish Tales and Victory are the most likely combination for Table Pack #16, and I would be happy to have both.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Not at all. I just think it's a process of elimination. Unless FarSight has secured the rights to something we're unaware of, I think Fish Tales would be the most logical of the high-demand tables that are left, at least amongst the unlicensed ones that are relatively easy to acquire. There are only a few quintessential non-licensed tables we haven't heard about yet. I don't think we'll see any classic Sterns until after Flight 2000, which is reportedly a few months away. The same should be true for EBD or Fireball, which would be doubtful right on the heals of Centaur's voted release. T2, Indiana Jones, and The Getaway are big Williams tables, but they'll need licensing that I don't believe has happened yet. We won't receive a Sega or Data East table for some time, as they've been projected for 2014. The easier New Stern licenses rank far below a table like Fish Tales (NASCAR, Monopoly, Sharkey's, etc). And with Centaur and Champion Pub being back-to-back Bally releases, I would expect a Williams or a Gottlieb. With Victory likely filling the Gottlieb and PHoF slots, a Williams is the best bet, and what table would be higher priority on the Williams short list than Fish Tales, which commands a broad appeal similar to White Water? Sure, I would much prefer Swords of Fury, but Fish Tales is an admittedly safer guess. But again, that's all it is - an educated guess...

All that being said, we're finally reaching that point I've really been waiting for - the point where PHoF tables are almost all accounted for and big licenses will be fewer and far between due to complex funding issues. This will be the time when lesser-known tables, the real underdogs and personal player favorites get a chance at TPA release. In a way, we've already started to see this with Centaur and the upcoming Flight 2000, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Most people know that I'm thinking of SoF, Xenon, and Haunted House (my long-established trinity on these forums), but what about your personal favorite or the next guy's? Our recommendations and votes, along with FS's staff favorites, mean more than ever now. I'm still holding out hope for a full four seasons and a total of 100 TPA tables, and if that proves true, this season is going to be a blast as we fill the time it takes FS to secure the big names like TAF, T2, etc.

Personally, I've never been more jazzed to be involved in TPA. The best is yet to come.

I am wondering if they will be able to continue to release two tables per month after the PHOF tables have dried up? I always just assumed so, but maybe it will only be one per month or one every few weeks.
A lot of really great games are still out there (as mentioned above). Also a lot of smaller licensed tables like Dolly Parton and Evel Knievel. Fish Tales and the original High Speed have to be on the radar. Hopefully we will also see Fathom, Medusa, Seawitch, Big Guns, a bunch of 70's Gottliebs as well as those you mentioned above. Should be great!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I am wondering if they will be able to continue to release two tables per month after the PHOF tables have dried up? I always just assumed so, but maybe it will only be one per month or one every few weeks.
A lot of really great games are still out there (as mentioned above). Also a lot of smaller licensed tables like Dolly Parton and Evel Knievel. Fish Tales and the original High Speed have to be on the radar. Hopefully we will also see Fathom, Medusa, Seawitch, Big Guns, a bunch of 70's Gottliebs as well as those you mentioned above. Should be great!

A lot of people have pre-bought the season pack 2 (not myself) assuming it will be 2 tables per month.
If they went to one table per pack, normal dlc purchasers would rightly expect a pack price adjustment, as they are already expensive compared to Zen and that's before pro upgrade. This could cause a riot with season pass purchasers.

Assuming Farsight have thought of this, I'd think it safe to assume 2 tables, on a roughly monthly basis at least until the end of season 2.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012

Once they run out, no way they're releasing two tables per month on that schedule.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I think it's safe to say that we'll be getting two tables a month, let's remember that it's not as simple as just copying over data from the PHOF tables and editing it a bit. Sure there'll be some shared assets, but for the most part Farsight will have been obtaining the tables, stripping them down and scanning everything all over again just like their 'new' tables.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Rudy and Rubik are right. There's no way FS would have preset a Season 2 price if they didn't have confidence that they could deliver 2 tables almost every month. And like Rudy just said, don't think that PHoF tables are easy just because they already featured them once before. That process was very different, so it's not just a cheap way for them to cut corners on current packs by reusing assets.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Allow me to clear this up...with Pinball Arcade, they are not using any assets from PHOF to build tables. They purchase the machine, tear it down, photograph, scan, and completely digitize every part. When I was up there, there was not one release in TPA that was not accounted for with an actual pinball machine.

Therefore, there is no reason not to think that the 2 table release schedule would change. I do believe you'd get older tables with fewer elements paired with more busy tables, but that is as far as I'm willing to speculate.

Now then, you wanna talk unlicensed tables? Here's just a sampling of better known from Williams...

Comet, High Speed, Grand Lizard, F-14 Tomcat, Fire!, Big Guns, Space Station, Cyclone, Banzai Run, Swords of Fury, Jokerz!, Earthshaker, Black Knight 2000, Police Force, Bat Cats, Mousin' Around, Diner.

That's just system 9 and 11 games! Now look at the DMD games...

Hurricane, Black Rose, Fish Tales, Road Show, Jack*Bot, Safecracker, Junk Yard.

So 24 tables, one year's worth, of JUST Williams machines. Now throw in your Bally widebodies and classic tables like Fathom, Xenon, and such. Plus the older Stern tables we just took a poll on. Finally, add into the mix the not too expensive licenses, and no, I don't think Fish Tales is your guaranteed next table pack. Would I like it? You bet. But look how long they had AFM and sat on it before it finally saw release. There are a lot of AA and A tables still to go, and with so few DMD non licensed to pick from, I suspect they'll get spread out over a longer period of time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts