The On-Going "What has FarSight said about ___ table?" List Thread

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Spirit looks interesting. Anybody have any experience with this table?

I played a few games on it at the 2013 York pinball show. Only time I remember ever seeing it in person. I was more impressed with how it looked rather than how it played. But it's probably not fair to judge it in such a small amount of playtime.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
That was my impression too. It looks neat, particularly the backglass, but I wasn't taken by the actual gameplay. I played maybe four games.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Spirit looks interesting. Anybody have any experience with this table?
I played it at the Australian Pinball Expo a month or so ago and loved it. There's a lot going on and is very emblematic of the Gottlieb's of the time (Black Hole, Eclipse). Fantastic machine.

sedated

Oct 26, 2014
Reading this compilation of comments from Farsight was kind of a depressing read, and makes me question what kind of business they are even running being the premiere digital pinball distributor.

First off, I'm amazed by some of their complete lack of knowledge of some of the tables they commented on. I mean a company that touts preserving pinball history, how can they not even know what all these tables are? Anyone could literally spend a couple hours on ipdb and learn about every single solid state pinball machine released by Williams, Bally and Gottlieb since 1980. It's not like these companies were cranking out pinball machines every week.

Second. Why are they such negative buzzkills about so many tables? Don't they have a long term business model? Their goal should be to release every single solid state pinball plus a bunch of classic EMs, why wouldn't it be? You'd expect more optimistic and hopeful replies. Why are they shooting down tables that don't even have difficult licensing behind them?

Third. It seems a lot of the reasons they said they wouldn't release some of these tables is because not many people requested them? I didn't know their choices were based on tyranny of the majority and wait for people to hound them to release something before they consider doing something.

I don't know, maybe one day we'll get some cross platform pinball simulator in the way of Visual Pinball where we'll have our own freedom, and developers who actually care.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm prone to agree. If it's financially feasible, they should just release what they can

There's the crux. Not every table, particularly pre-System 11 (and the Gottlieb/Premier equivalent) SS tables, is going to be of interest to everyone. Actually, there are plenty of System 11s left to do that people are on the fence about: Bad Cats, Mousin' Around. Let's see - how many people have requested Tri-Zone? Hmm? That's a solid enough SS from the late 70s but how many people have asked about it, and how well do you think it would sell?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think a lot of the time they are purposely vague or not very positive on most pin comments on Facebook. I think they do this not to give away what pins they are going to do. They also don't want to say a pin is coming and then have fifty idiots constantly saying "where is the ____ pin you promised".
Based on Bobby King interviews, it's sounds like they have this season and next pretty well mapped out. They are just keeping it to themselves. And the way some people act, I don't blame them.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
I think a lot of the time they are purposely vague or not very positive on most pin comments on Facebook. I think they do this not to give away what pins they are going to do. They also don't want to say a pin is coming and then have fifty idiots constantly saying "where is the ____ pin you promised".
Based on Bobby King interviews, it's sounds like they have this season and next pretty well mapped out. They are just keeping it to themselves. And the way some people act, I don't blame them.

Personally, I think the whole secrecy thing is pretty pointless. They'd have less problems if they would just tell us what was coming out for the season.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Personally, I think the whole secrecy thing is pretty pointless. They'd have less problems if they would just tell us what was coming out for the season.

i agree. especially if it allows them to sell a season pass on iOS. they can still keep the release order a secret. it sucks that their most loyal fans get punished by apple for supporting them.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

They don't have the real tables all in advance. If dealers knew what tables they were looking for, it would drive their costs up.

Plus, then we wouldn't have these speculation threads.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah love the speculation.

By this point I think the majority of people who are regularly buying the pinball tables know and accept how this works. And I think the process has worked well enough for Farsight to continue being profitable. No reason to change it up.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

To be honest, most of it is leaked before the announcement :p

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Pretty interesting to read through this thread. From the original post it's pretty obvious that

1. Things change over time. Look how much has changed in 18 months. At least hopefully things are evolving as a bunch of tables folks are expecting that received the "0 out of 10" treatment
2. Farsight certainly does not want to tip their hand
3. DokkenRokken with a fantastic season 4 prediction!

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
It would be cool if that first post could get updated, although it does indicate that we should never give up hope.

Personally, I think almost every non-licensed System 11 game should make it into TPA. It's a wide breadth of themes and they're all pretty fun. We haven't seen a table theme like Radical or Mousin' Around, Swords of Fury or Fire!. There's a lot of goodness and the tables are pretty modern, DMD aside. Althouh I gotta say, Rollergames is worth pursuing. It's a great Steve Ritchie table (I know this because my girlfriend actually likes playing it) and the corporate logos are totally expendable.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
It would be cool if that first post could get updated, although it does indicate that we should never give up hope.

So... yeah, sorry for the lack of updates, everyone... to be honest, I kind of forgot that I created this thread. :X

I will try to keep a radar out for any comments about future tables or ones that will never show up, but, I have to think they'll be playing everything much closer to the chest than they had before after the WMS thing.

TMOverbeck

Dec 10, 2013
I played a few games on it at the 2013 York pinball show. Only time I remember ever seeing it in person. I was more impressed with how it looked rather than how it played. But it's probably not fair to judge it in such a small amount of playtime.

I thought FS could go with this as the next table, saying "Well, the table hint was there in spirit". :)

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
It's amazing how many of the tables we got were ones that FarSight felt had little to no chance of being added.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts