The On-Going "What has FarSight said about ___ table?" List Thread

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
+1

They are raking in the money big time at present why change that

I wouldn't think that grandly, but they're obviously doing well with the game. Otherwise we wouldn't have even got Season 2.

I wouldn't think either of those are necessarily true. Honestly, who knows what their finances are like? I know it was a big telltale sign that things weren't THAT great when they dropped down to 10 tables a season. In my opinion, if things were great, they'd still be going for 2 tables a month.

As for my previous statement about them taking a very short break, who knows. It would make sense if it put them back on the seasonal schedule. Plus, you have to think, they're working on about 75,000 different things at the moment as well. (Xbox 360/XboxOne, Orbals, etc etc)

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I wouldn't think either of those are necessarily true. Honestly, who knows what their finances are like? I know it was a big telltale sign that things weren't THAT great when they dropped down to 10 tables a season. In my opinion, if things were great, they'd still be going for 2 tables a month.

As for my previous statement about them taking a very short break, who knows. It would make sense if it put them back on the seasonal schedule. Plus, you have to think, they're working on about 75,000 different things at the moment as well. (Xbox 360/XboxOne, Orbals, etc etc)

FarSight never had the time to do two tables a month from scratch. When they were pumping out two tables a month, one was built from the ground up and the other was built by merely updating resources they already had for past releases and emulating tables that were previously scripted. All tables are now built from the ground up and they don't (and never did) have time to build two tables from scratch in a four week period.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
FarSight never had the time to do two tables a month from scratch. When they were pumping out two tables a month, one was built from the ground up and the other was built by merely updating resources they already had for past releases and emulating tables that were previously scripted. All tables are now built from the ground up and they don't (and never did) have time to build two tables from scratch in a four week period.

True, but I'm just saying, if things were "Grand" as someone mentioned, obviously you'd think they'd have the funds to hire more people, and the time and money to make more tables. I mean, it's what people want and it would rake in more money.

I'm wasn't trying to say anything negative.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
True, but I'm just saying, if things were "Grand" as someone mentioned, obviously you'd think they'd have the funds to hire more people, and the time and money to make more tables. I mean, it's what people want and it would rake in more money.

I'm wasn't trying to say anything negative.

Gotcha... :)

Flotilla

Nov 6, 2013
Pinball Arcade Facebook said:
Not really, especially considering we do only one table a month now and EMs have been poor sellers when we have done them.

There are a few nice tables in the OP that now fall under these heavy words, since they're EMs. What a shame!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
There are a few nice tables in the OP that now fall under these heavy words, since they're EMs. What a shame!

This bums me out. I have been scooping up every pin they churn out whether it's my type of thing or not, just wanting them to succeed. With no possibility of EM's on the horizon I'm rethinking that strategy. Can someone with a Facebook ask if there is any chance of them releasing the licenses to tables made before 77? That would make it so someone can make the tables I thought I was waiting for. Kolchack mentioned in another thread A.S.K. Homework or some other company may be interested.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
This bums me out. I have been scooping up every pin they churn out whether it's my type of thing or not, just wanting them to succeed. With no possibility of EM's on the horizon I'm rethinking that strategy. Can someone with a Facebook ask if there is any chance of them releasing the licenses to tables made before 77? That would make it so someone can make the tables I thought I was waiting for. Kolchack mentioned in another thread A.S.K. Homework or some other company may be interested.

Aside from ASK I don't think there is much interest. Farsight really didn't have any competition when they went for it. If they hadn't, perhaps Zen would eventually have shown interest but recreating the original tables digitally and dealing with all the licensing and such is a very tedious bit of business. Most companies wouldn't want that kind of headache.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Aside from ASK I don't think there is much interest. Farsight really didn't have any competition when they went for it. If they hadn't, perhaps Zen would eventually have shown interest but recreating the original tables digitally and dealing with all the licensing and such is a very tedious bit of business. Most companies wouldn't want that kind of headache.

Didn't Zen at one point go for the Bally license? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I don't see him as being more expensive than Elvira and they managed to get her for two pins.

Elvira is by a large margin a less lucrative figure than Freddy Krueger is (that's what I think at least based on my observations of the convention circuit). Robert Englund has a very heavy resume compared to Cassandra Peterson. Cassandra Peterson likes to self-promote the Elvira brand and was reportedly a fan of pinball too so I'm sure that helps the final price.

Still, you never know. Things have been very quiet on the Nightmare on Elm Street front of late; I doubt a franchise which peaked 30 years ago is *that* expensive. Stuff like this keeps the "Freddy" name out there after all. If BSD really is the next table, they would've had to pay Gary Oldman and I can't see Robert Englund being *that* much different.

So you never know. Of course, the other knock on Freddy is that it's a Gottlieb which some people automatically hate on for some reason. There may still be a few obtainable licenses in the DMD Bally / Williams realm that may be preferred (one that comes to mind is Judge Dredd for instance, that gets requested a fair bit from what I see and I can't see that one being *terribly* pricey either. Same for Indy 500 and No Fear although I don't see those requested as much.).

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Didn't Zen at one point go for the Bally license? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

It is very possible. Not sure if that was some time ago or when the license was up for renegotiation. If it was the latter that could make sense why it took so long to get the renewal deal in place (almost halfway into season 3). I do recall hearing a few companies showed interest and pulled out before bidding due to weighing the effort and money it would take vs the payoff.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It is very possible. Not sure if that was some time ago or when the license was up for renegotiation. If it was the latter that could make sense why it took so long to get the renewal deal in place (almost halfway into season 3). I do recall hearing a few companies showed interest and pulled out before bidding due to weighing the effort and money it would take vs the payoff.

Nah, I think it was more a historical thing. Before TPA, but probably after PHOF.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I saw that they pretty much shot down Bally Game Show on Facebook. I'm not a big fan of it, but I've seen some folks mention wanting it.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I saw that they pretty much shot down Bally Game Show on Facebook. I'm not a big fan of it, but I've seen some folks mention wanting it.

It doesn't surprise me, it's not THAT requested, much less that popular.

I'm still holding out hope for "Xenon" and "F-14 Tomcat", though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts