Twitch at 3:00 PM and a table poll

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
F-14 Tomcat was right next to Diner at the Texas show last week. F-14 was an awesome table to play along with Diner. I was mot impressed with EARTHSHAKER at all but Cyclone was a unique table I enjoyed at the show.

Feb 19, 2014
These are all great games. I don't care which one wins. Though, if they're doing a System 11 poll, I'm curious as to why they skipped over F-14 Tomcat, which finished higher than Cyclone in the big Williams poll.

Also, in the case of Earthshaker, there is no "family mode" like in the Elvira games. It is a completely separate ROM revision. There's no option to toggle it in the operator menu.

F-14 has a license, the F-14 Tomcat! I still hope it comes in a season 4 though.

Regarding EarthShaker: oh crap man, you're right! Oh no, that will really sadden me if we end up with censored roms...

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
F-14 has a license, the F-14 Tomcat! I still hope it comes in a season 4 though.

Regarding EarthShaker: oh crap man, you're right! Oh no, that will really sadden me if we end up with censored roms...

See, the issue with this is that the game was not licensed at the time the pin was originally made. This little issue has been discussed in several threads before, so I'm not going to keep blabbing about it here. I'd like an official statement from FS.

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
a few minutes ago on facebook

Hey everyone! Streaming the new table today at 3:00 PM PST! Not only will you get a glimpse at our next table, but we're going to be giving away some free Tables, and launching a new poll for an upcoming Season 3 table! We're letting you decide!

http://www.twitch.tv/farsight_studios

can't wait to see witch table are in the poll!!!!

Are these streams ever made available for those who couldn't watch them live?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I went for cyclone,would like all 3 !! all great tables.as for Adams family I`m not worried if we don`t get it ,there are plenty of other great tables still out there.:)

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I do think that no matter who wins this poll,that the other two will make it to TPA. So we will all win!

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Im guess this 'new' lighting tech looks better in person and the twitch compression was at fault here as it didnt look that great to me over the stream.

Wonder if this new lighting can be used for mobile devices then??

Voted Cyclone, but ill guess we'll see all 3 by the end of Season 4

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
All 3 tables will come to TPA so doesn't natter who wins

I voted for a Diner btw

Out of the 3 it's the most modern

Last edited:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Sounds good pm1109 I just went to the Texas Pinball Festival last weekend I played all three tables my least favorite was EARTHSHAKER and Diner was my favorite table so I voted Diner but I did enjoy Cyclone. EARTHSHAKER did nothing for me not a very memorable table what so ever. Pinball Swag was selling EARTHSHAKER t shirts I was not interested in purchasing one after playing the table for my first time.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I voted Cyclone since I haven't played Diner yet, but I would definitely like to see all three. Last I checked, Diner overtook Earthshaker in the polls, but I'm not sure if it will stay that way.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I voted Cyclone since I haven't played Diner yet, but I would definitely like to see all three. Last I checked, Diner overtook Earthshaker in the polls, but I'm not sure if it will stay that way.

Obviously there will be some craziness to come. You can vote as often as you like and I doubt the interest to support 1000 votes let alone 2000 votes in less than 24 hours exists. Earthshaker had a 29% vote lead and now losing by 6%? I guess a few diner fans have way too much time on their hands.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm not sure why they didn't have us host the poll - it's not like we haven't done official voting for them before.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I do think that no matter who wins this poll,that the other two will make it to TPA. So we will all win!

I don't know. That is what people said about the other polls. The Centaur poll was over a year ago and we still haven't seen EBD or Fireball. Also, Seawitch lost to F2k by only a few votes, yet they still didn't do Seawitch despite the fact that Sterns are highly underrepresented in TPA. Maybe because f2k didn't sell well? But they packages it with Goin Nuts, so if that is the case, they screwed over Seawitch. Grrrrr. They should have packaged Champion Pub with Goin Nuts and F2k with Whirlwind. Okay. I'm done ranting.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I really want one of the coaster themed pins for variety. That is the biggest reason I went with cyclone.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I'm not sure why they didn't have us host the poll - it's not like we haven't done official voting for them before.

There is a rather vocal contingent on Facebook that is rather anti-forum and spread negativity about it when it comes up. Plus te forum requires registering. The public poll option is more inclusive and easier to get a vote in with. Unfortunately it allows for ballot stuffing.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I don't know. That is what people said about the other polls. The Centaur poll was over a year ago and we still haven't seen EBD or Fireball. Also, Seawitch lost to F2k by only a few votes, yet they still didn't do Seawitch despite the fact that Sterns are highly underrepresented in TPA. Maybe because f2k didn't sell well? But they packages it with Goin Nuts, so if that is the case, they screwed over Seawitch. Grrrrr. They should have packaged Champion Pub with Goin Nuts and F2k with Whirlwind. Okay. I'm done ranting.

Earthshaker has been teased since before the release of tpa. I agree that goin nuts probably screwed over old sterns and catacomb and seawitch would be awesome additions. I think ebd (another table that has been teased by them) will not be released until, at earliest, the end of this season. This is more to do with cue ball wiz and not repeating themes too closely. Whichever two tables lose in this poll will probably still come based on the fact that all three finished well in the old forum polls. Just two of them will be in season 4 in my opinion.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I really want one of the coaster themed pins for variety. That is the biggest reason I went with cyclone.

This is the only I represented genre that has a wealth of examples really left. Roller coaster tycoon or any of the Williams coaster games would be very welcome and I hope one comes soon, all come eventually.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Earthshaker has been teased since before the release of tpa. I agree that goin nuts probably screwed over old sterns and catacomb and seawitch would be awesome additions. I think ebd (another table that has been teased by them) will not be released until, at earliest, the end of this season. This is more to do with cue ball wiz and not repeating themes too closely. Whichever two tables lose in this poll will probably still come based on the fact that all three finished well in the old forum polls. Just two of them will be in season 4 in my opinion.

And that was the point I was making as well. I completely agree about the Stern tables being screwed because of Goin' Nuts being paired with F2K - and also with the Sterns not being represented as well as the other companies have.

Having said that,though - you can't deny that in the 80s to late 90 era,with some notable exceptions...that the best tables were from Williams & Bally. That's why I think you'll see all three tables in TPA eventually.

Just in Season 4,like Bowflex has stated already.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.