Good news!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
There was a Spider-Man pin from back in the 80's. It was brightly colored and based on the cartoon or the comic. But I don't remember it all that well. Maybe a Gottlieb?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
"For the 7th day of a Pinball Arcade Christmas, we're including as detailed a 360 update as we can today:

FarSight has selected a new publisher for the Xbox 360 version of the Pinball Arcade! We are in the final stages of finalizing the contract. This process has taken months – as game publishing deals often do. With our previous publisher’s bankruptcy involved, it is extraordinarily complicated in terms of the Pinball Arcade.

We anticipate submitting this new version of the Pinball Arcade in January. FarSight has been assured that all previous purchases can and will be entitled when we re-launch. We will keep you updated as best we can and announce when we have firm release dates. The plan is for Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation (free for kickstarter backers) to be available as DLC from day one.

Please be patient with us. This situation has been difficult for FarSight from a business standpoint and we know it has been very frustrating for you. With any luck and with your support, 2013 will be the year of the Pinball Arcade on 360 with 40 tables available by the end of the year!"

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
"
Please be patient with us. This situation has been difficult for FarSight from a business standpoint and we know it has been very frustrating for you. With any luck and with your support, 2013 will be the year of the Pinball Arcade on 360 with 40 tables available by the end of the year!"

I think this was all a great response from farsight and really brought across their sincerity and frustration with what has happened on the 360. It is so exciting as a fan of this game, the fact that i can count on having 40 tables (and hopefully many more) available to me whenever i please. Its a wonderful thing farsight does for pinball fans seeing its becoming such a hard thing to find in real life.

karl

May 10, 2012
So now it is confirmed that it will be a new version of tpa on xbox and not tables for the old one. A smart move by Farsight and very good news for us 360 owners. They will probably submit all packs at once (incl jan 2013 pack) to microsoft and release a new pack every 2 weeks after the 2 kickstarter ones. That will be a 2-3 month period where Farsight can tell the fans exact release dates for every pack. Should save us a lot of When, when, when posts on facebook and then in April they will submit feb, mars, and april tables. Since this will be a new tpa and they get one free submission they will not have to pay microsoft a buck load of money until June or July. It could very well be a damn smart but unintentional move to switch publisher now. This is just speculations of course

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
"The plan is for Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation (free for kickstarter backers) to be available as DLC from day one.

Any of the Kickstarter backers, including the ones who already claimed on another console? Because I'm really regretting claiming these for Android and would have much preferred Xbox 360, but didn't want to wait that long. It would be really cool of them considering all that has happened.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
We anticipate submitting this new version of the Pinball Arcade in January. FarSight has been assured that all previous purchases can and will be entitled when we re-launch. We will keep you updated as best we can and announce when we have firm release dates. The plan is for Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation (free for kickstarter backers) to be available as DLC from day one.

Good news on TZ and ST:TNG. But I'm a little worried that they are launching a new version, supposedly? I anticipate all kinds of trouble securing the correct licenses to everyone, not to mention the leaderboards - are they going to be reset? Would be sort of exciting to start over anew, but also sad to lose a lot of hard earned high scores.
Oh, and achievements! I worked hard for those standard goals on TOTAN! Really hard! (yeah, wizard goals were a breeze, but that harem multiball....). I don't really feel like going for Voltaire's Multiple Jackpots again, either. It felt great when I finally got it, but I can't imagine the pain of having to try all over for it again.

Of course, that's all minor worries compared to how great it will be to finally get new DLC for TPA.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I think he meant a new version of TPA - as in an updated one that will have support for the new tables. Not a brand new game (which would cause huge issues since license need transferring to new game IDs and all that which probably requires tons of testing).

And Microsoft will probably file it as a bug if achievements got reset and all that - there are probably huge issues with that (do people's gamerscore increase when they get the achievement again? Hell, it's probably not handled because it's something that shouldn't make it through Microsoft QA). Leaderboards - if it's done by FarSight, Microsoft doesn't care, But achievements, they do. A lot. Saved state may also be tested for.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Sounds to me like they are launching an entirely new XBL item, which would make sense with the publisher change. But I'm hoping they can keep up the existing one.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Sounds to me like they are launching an entirely new XBL item, which would make sense with the publisher change. But I'm hoping they can keep up the existing one.

For what reason? They are replacing it in its entirety all purchases will be transferred to the new one.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
None of those really concern me. If you've done the wizard goals once then surely you can do them again. Besides, its fun :D

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
So TPA is going to do the Pinball FX/2 thing,more or less. Personally,I don't care,just as long as the 360 will still be supported & my previous tables will work on the new game. The older TPA will still be there,so getting achievements again is just fine with me.

Hopefully nothing else goes wrong & Ill see TPA back on the 360 by my birthday!
(Middle of Feb.)

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Yeah, that's no bad thing in my book - Certainly hasn't done Zen any harm.

Got cashy monies here waiting to throw at FarSight when the tables become available!

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
None of those really concern me. If you've done the wizard goals once then surely you can do them again. Besides, its fun :D

I did them all about 4/5 times now. What with jumping platforms, replacing my 360, and accidentally overwriting my savegame with an almost clean one (when I was on holiday on someone elses 360).

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Pinball Arcade 2 ala Pinball FX/FX2? I say bring it on. I have no problem "doing it again". With pinball once you've mastered something you can always do it. It'll give you an excuse to revisit the old tables.

Leaderboards? Eh, again not a big deal. The current 360 builds are so old at this point the leaderboards will be irrelevant when the new release comes regardless.

As for achievement completionists, you'll still be able to max out the old pinball arcade. Smart move if it turns out to be the case (and yeah that's the sense I got from reading the press release too).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.