Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Amazon has fixed the problem with purchasing the new DLC for the Kindle Fire and should be accessible now.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Happy 4th of July! to all my fellow Americans. I hope everyone has a safe and memorable 4th!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Happy 4th of July! to all my fellow Americans. I hope everyone has a safe and memorable 4th!

Thanks man. Same to you!

Hey, I have family that lives in Austin, TX.
Unfortunately I haven't been there since Feb 1983. Great place though. My brother and I spent quite a bit of time at an arcade
in a very large mall. I was only 9 so I don't remember all of the details, but I kind of remember there being a skating rink in the middle and a Babbage's video game store
with the latest Colecovision games and Electronic Games magazines on display. I still have the March 1983 issue to this day.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks man. Same to you!

Hey, I have family that lives in Austin, TX.
Unfortunately I haven't been there since Feb 1983. Great place though. My brother and I spent quite a bit of time at an arcade
in a very large mall. I was only 9 so I don't remember all of the details, but I kind of remember there being a skating rink in the middle and a Babbage's video game store
with the latest Colecovision games and Electronic Games magazines on display. I still have the March 1983 issue to this day.

You must be referring to Northcross Mall which a huge part of has been turned into a Walmart. The big arcade hangout now is Pinballz Arcade which has over 130 pinball machines plus many arcade games as well. Hope you can make it back to Austin sometime.

pixluser

Jul 5, 2012
Hello all,

I've found that some other pinballs are currently in development, here is : HarleyDavidson pinball and the new taxi pinball.
(just found references into the game dir, like : THarleyDavidson_Enums.csv ...)
Pinwiz you could update the list ! ;)

Eric Qel-Droma

Jul 3, 2012
Personally, I'm really impressed with the amount of work and updates that FarSight is putting into TPA. It has its problems and bugs (I'm a PS3/PSV user, so I've dealt (and I'm dealing) with my fair share of them), but the list of improvements we've received and are going to be receiving just blows my mind. Keep up the good work, guys!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Hello all,

I've found that some other pinballs are currently in development, here is : HarleyDavidson pinball and the new taxi pinball.
(just found references into the game dir, like : THarleyDavidson_Enums.csv ...)
Pinwiz you could update the list ! ;)

We've known of these for a while, but Harley hasn't been officially announced yet, so Pin Wiz will not add to his list until it is.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
So, is HD a good game? I never played it.

I liked it, but a lot of others don't, since it doesn't have a particularly deep set of rules. #144 on Pinside. Strangely, the Sega version, which is largely the same game, comes in at 198.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Added info on Day/Night Mode Lighting, Updated Flipper Physics and Free Roaming Camera coming in the near future to the "Features, Additions And Improvements" section.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I like the idea of having a slider to set the lighting!

Same here...adjustable table lighting should make everyone happy. Now if we can just get Bobby to implement an adjustable camera angle view (table angle/zoom)... :D

The Wolfman

Jul 2, 2012
UPDATE Added info on Day/Night Mode Lighting, Updated Flipper Physics and Free Roaming Camera coming in the near future to the "Features, Additions And Improvements" section.

Ah, that's great news! TPA just gets better and better. I hope the lights and flashers will eventually become as mesmerizing and almost blinding bright as on the real tables.

Howard Sayles

Jun 5, 2012
Sigh! Yet another week goes by without the Mac update. It will soon be THREE months since the last update. What makes the situation more aggravating is the complete lack of information. I really hope this does not alienate punters. Come on FarSight let us know what is happening.

It will make a lot of iOS users happy. Currently contemplating the purchase of a an extra sharp pitchfork and an accompanying flaming torch if I don't get a game of Funhouse by the end of the week. Come on Apple, approve the Mac DLC already!

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Has there been any recent talk about separate audio level adjustments for table and speaker volume? Or heck, any audio improvements in general?

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
It's unfortunate that flipper physics updates are so far off, but it'll be nice to have that when the most famous tables (Twilight Zone, ST:TNG) come along. Here's hoping it can tone down the preternatural bounciness on Medieval Madness and Monster Bash.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Has there been any recent talk about separate audio level adjustments for table and speaker volume? Or heck, any audio improvements in general?

FarSight stated that they are working on overhauling the mechanical sounds which should be coming within the next month or two. As for audio level adjustments, FarSight hasn't made any mention of that as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.