Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
UPDATE Added information on next Android, iOS, Kindle Fire and Mac updates plus DLC Tables Pack #4 for Mac, PS3 (NA), PS Vita (NA) and Xbox 360 pushed to the end of August.
Do we at least have a firm date for DLC 1(!) for 360 yet?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Does that mean:
1.) It's coming out tomorrow
OR
2. We will get a date today
???

Basically, we'll find out if the mid July time frame is going to hold up or not. Also, I wouldn't count on FarSight announcing a hard release date if DLC doesn't show up tomorrow. Bottom line...if there's no announcement by FarSight about the Title update sometime today, there will be no DLC this week and the mid July time frame will no longer apply.

Richard Crockett

Jul 8, 2012
Relax guys, FarSight has absolutely no control over how fast Microsoft approves content for the 360. They can just tell you when it does get approved. Right now your angst should be directed at Microsoft for dragging their heels and not at FarSight. It's a lot easier to get stuff approved for Google Play or the IOS App store than to get that same approval from Microsoft or Sony. I know it's frustrating but complaining to FarSight is not the answer. There are a lot more procedures involved when dealing with console manufacturers.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Basically, we'll find out if the mid July time frame is going to hold up or not. Also, I wouldn't count on FarSight announcing a hard release date if DLC doesn't show up tomorrow. Bottom line...if there's no announcement by FarSight about the Title update sometime today, there will be no DLC this week and the mid July time frame will no longer apply.
So, they'll let us know when it's approved.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Unfortunately, Xbox 360 users WILL NOT see any DLC this week or possibly anytime soon. FarSight just got word that Microsoft rejected it AGAIN. This time it was for a single "bug" - if you download a new table to a memory card instead of your hard drive and then pull the card out of the 360 while attempting to load that table, the game becomes unresponsive (although you can still exit and restart - it hasn't crashed). This behavior was present in every other submission to them but they didn't flag it until now. FarSight is going to try to argue their way out of it, but unless they succeed, they'll have to resubmit it once again.

I have already updated the release time frames for DLC Table Packs #1, #2, #3 and #4 for the Xbox 360 which now looks to be the end of August. I'll update the release time frames if anything changes in the meantime.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
This sucks. We'll never see it. Just won't ever see it. Never never never. 360 development abandoned. Congratulations MS - You won.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Ooh boy. Really feel for the XBOX players out there. Can't imagine not having these tables till August. All in all I still think Farsight should still look at the bugs the current tables have. My personal Gripe is the Physics of some of the tables. Medieval and Cirqus are way too 'floaty' Compared to Funhouse and Bride. I think the Physics for the latter tables are fantastic but not so with MM CV. TOM, TOTAN still seems to have no weight to the ball. I still like PA but the Physics still need some tweaking.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
Ooh boy. Really feel for the XBOX players out there. Can't imagine not having these tables till August. All in all I still think Farsight should still look at the bugs the current tables have. My personal Gripe is the Physics of some of the tables. Medieval and Cirqus are way too 'floaty' Compared to Funhouse and Bride. I think the Physics for the latter tables are fantastic but not so with MM CV. TOM, TOTAN still seems to have no weight to the ball. I still like PA but the Physics still need some tweaking.

All I know is I am glad IOS updates come quicker than the consoles. I happen to like the physics in TOTAN, the way the ball gets stuck up the ramp often and sways back and forth seems to happen more often than it should. I have seen it happen on the original table once or twice, however most of the time it is a quick drain down the ramp hole.

N

Nik Barbour

UPDATE Unfortunately, Xbox 360 users WILL NOT see any DLC this week or possibly anytime soon. FarSight just got word that Microsoft rejected it AGAIN. This time it was for a single "bug" - if you download a new table to a memory card instead of your hard drive and then pull the card out of the 360 while attempting to load that table, the game becomes unresponsive (although you can still exit and restart - it hasn't crashed). This behavior was present in every other submission to them but they didn't flag it until now. FarSight is going to try to argue their way out of it, but unless they succeed, they'll have to resubmit it once again.

I have already updated the release time frames for DLC Table Packs #1, #2, #3 and #4 for the Xbox 360 which now looks to be the end of August. I'll update the release time frames if anything changes in the meantime.

Gutted - I hope Farsight fight this.
They should also come on here and make a statement after they know fully what's happened and when we are likely to see something.

I think technological bad luck must be hereditary....
My dad bought Betamax over VHS (its getting really hard to rent movies now), now I buy a console purely to play TPA on, and I go and buy the console which will never see dlc. (mind you - the alternative is a flipper lag nightmare for some).

Gutted - Fight this Farsight!

Edit :- Farsight have made a statement on dlc thread in xbox section - hadn't got to that when posted - still pi$$ed off though.

Last edited:

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I really feel sorry for the Xbox guys.

Surely a failure of some sort would be expected if you pull the card out while the system is loading something to it?

This doesn't seem fair at all to reject an update on that basis.... Unfair I think. Again, feeling for the Xbox lads and lasses.

Nik, still got a fully functioning Sony minidisc hifi. A friend has a fully working Philips video 2000 recorder and camera. Has it in a truck cos the batteries are a *****....

N

Nik Barbour

I really feel sorry for the Xbox guys.

Surely a failure of some sort would be expected if you pull the card out while the system is loading something to it?

This doesn't seem fair at all to reject an update on that basis.... Unfair I think. Again, feeling for the Xbox lads and lasses.

Nik, still got a fully functioning Sony minidisc hifi. A friend has a fully working Philips video 2000 recorder and camera. Has it in a truck cos the batteries are a *****....

Laughing - glad it's not just me then.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Regarding ps3/xbox 360, TPA is a fail.

PS3: Bad flipper lag
Xbox 360: Still no dlc's in the near future

FS should stop making new tables/kickstarters/videos, concentrate on the real problems and read MS's rules for dlc content!!!

They should have build the game around MS's rules, but they didn't and here are the problems!

They have promised us two new tables every month on so many platformes. That means two weeks for one table! So it was clear that FS was going for quantity and not for qualitiy. And that's what we got, a rushed game with rushed new tables. Preserving pinball? Hahahaha!

Last edited:

BeO

Mar 5, 2012
Release date for pack #4 for Android changed from "mid July" to "soon". Eagerly waiting for the "released" status ^^

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Regarding ps3/xbox 360, TPA is a fail.

PS3: Bad flipper lag
Xbox 360: Still no dlc's in the near future

FS should stop making new tables/kickstarters/videos, concentrate on the real problems and read MS's rules for dlc content!!!

They should have build the game around MS's rules, but they didn't and here are the problems!

They have promised us two new tables every month on so many platformes. That means two weeks for one table! So it was clear that FS was going for quantity and not for qualitiy. And that's what we got, a rushed game with rushed new tables. Preserving pinball? Hahahaha!
Some things are FS's fault, such as the file size limit, but this takes a special kind of stupidity, or relating to stupidity, to even think of it.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
xNiCeGuYx said:

Its in fact 6/7 months per table. They didnt start developing tables after the software released.

Anyways, time to take a break from this forum it seems until the facebook-mentality has faded again.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
if you download a new table to a memory card instead of your hard drive and then pull the card out of the 360 while attempting to load that table, the game becomes unresponsive (although you can still exit and restart - it hasn't crashed).
If someone is dumb enough to pull the memory device while it's in use, that's on the user. This seems like an incredibly stupid thing to reject for it. "hay! I pulled the HD off and I can't load anything off of it. WTF hax!"

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Oh well, whenever the 360 content drops I will buy it.

What I really don't get is why it takes so damn long for MS to look at submissions. Hire more staff if you are that backlogged! Once MS looks at a program they should open a file, if the item gets rejected the file stays open while they give the developer a small window of opportunity to correct the situation before they get kicked to the back of the line.

If MS is going to make a developer wait 5-6 weeks for them to review a submission they should at least have the decency to do a through job of it so the developer does not spend months on end stuck in limbo fixing minor issues 1 by 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts