Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
UPDATE The Optional Update which fixes issues with the launch tables such as physics, collisions and lighting is AVAILABLE NOW! on the Xbox 360.

NOTE : You may need to delete the corrupt Optional Update file from your hard drive then download the Optional Update again for it to install correctly.

The optional update, unlike the DLC, does show up under the most recent Addons on marketplace, so people checking that out should see the 4 new tables that way. Especially since that update is free.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Right, also please don't forget to rate all Pinball Arcade releated downloads with 5 stars. :cool:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I thought DLC pack 3 was approved but it says in the newsletter it is only in submission?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Android version 1.4.2 featuring login fixes and other various fixes and improvements AVAILABLE NOW!

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
The persistent login feature is great, now i dont have to worry about my high score not posting. Should we still also be seeing the MM fixes and some of the other various bugs they were working on soon?

aguy

Aug 3, 2012
Changelog Aug 01

Table Pack #5 Coming in August
Taxi™ will be featured in the next table pack!
We will also be releasing another great Stern game that will get your motor runnin’…

FarSight Log-in
To address concerns and issues associated with requiring a Facebook account and app installed to log into our leaderboards, we have implemented a new FarSight login to access the Pinball Arcade leaderboards. This new log-in method will improve security and make tracking down bugs easier. We are phasing out the Facebook login entirely, so you will need to create a FarSight login. Please note that as long as you use the same email address for our login that you used when setting up your Facebook login your previous leaderboard scores will be preserved.

GameCenter Update
We are now releasing updates with Game Center enabled, so you can track achievements and high scores as well as compete with your friends for highest score/ most achievements. A Game Center account is required to use the Game Center portion, but it is not required for actual play. We are also implementing a new leaderboard called Hall of Fame. This leaderboard takes the final score on any table you own and converts it into leaderboard points. These points get posted to the leaderboard and lets you compare your level of skill with your friends and around the world.

Hall of Fame score
We have implemented a new overall score to rank your skills against other players across all of the tables in the Pinball Arcade! We calculate this score using your best score ever on each table and award Hall of Fame points based on it. The table score required to earn one Hall of Fame point is different for every table due to the different relative scoring. Your total Hall of Fame score is the sum of your Hall of Fame points earned on each table. Note that the most Hall of Fame points that you can earn on a single table is 1000, so a perfect score for someone who owns all of the tables we have released so far on iOS and Android is 12,000.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I was thinking about pack #5, Taxi is deffinate. But what about the Stern game (get your motor runnin) well yes Harley Davidson 3rd edition sounds like that's it, but they could suprise us with Nascar, it was the last of the Whitestar chip games then S.A.M. came out. Nobody seemed to mention Nascar, I've played a real one a few times and not a bad game, but could have been better. I like the Multi-ball with the one ball circuling around the playfield, and the announcer was done very good i thought. So we'll just have to wait and see what they decied to come out with.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I was thinking about pack #5, Taxi is deffinate. But what about the Stern game (get your motor runnin) well yes Harley Davidson 3rd edition sounds like that's it, but they could suprise us with Nascar, it was the last of the Whitestar chip games then S.A.M. came out. Nobody seemed to mention Nascar, I've played a real one a few times and not a bad game, but could have been better. I like the Multi-ball with the one ball circuling around the playfield, and the announcer was done very good i thought. So we'll just have to wait and see what they decied to come out with.
They showed working with a 3-D model of the motorcycle on the Harley Davidson playfield. Besides that, Nascar is probably a really expensive license, so Grand Prix, the unlicensed, international version of Nascar, would be a more sensible choice.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The line "Get your motor runnin'" Is a line from Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf which has been associated since '69 with the movie Easy Rider and has been used for Harley commercials in the past. If any other table was released I would be shocked.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Living in South Dakota, August is generally bike month around here. (think Sturgis)

I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing Harley Davidson.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Changelog Aug 01

Table Pack #5 Coming in August
Taxi™ will be featured in the next table pack!
We will also be releasing another great Stern game that will get your motor runnin’…

FarSight Log-in
To address concerns and issues associated with requiring a Facebook account and app installed to log into our leaderboards, we have implemented a new FarSight login to access the Pinball Arcade leaderboards. This new log-in method will improve security and make tracking down bugs easier. We are phasing out the Facebook login entirely, so you will need to create a FarSight login. Please note that as long as you use the same email address for our login that you used when setting up your Facebook login your previous leaderboard scores will be preserved.

GameCenter Update
We are now releasing updates with Game Center enabled, so you can track achievements and high scores as well as compete with your friends for highest score/ most achievements. A Game Center account is required to use the Game Center portion, but it is not required for actual play. We are also implementing a new leaderboard called Hall of Fame. This leaderboard takes the final score on any table you own and converts it into leaderboard points. These points get posted to the leaderboard and lets you compare your level of skill with your friends and around the world.

Hall of Fame score
We have implemented a new overall score to rank your skills against other players across all of the tables in the Pinball Arcade! We calculate this score using your best score ever on each table and award Hall of Fame points based on it. The table score required to earn one Hall of Fame point is different for every table due to the different relative scoring. Your total Hall of Fame score is the sum of your Hall of Fame points earned on each table. Note that the most Hall of Fame points that you can earn on a single table is 1000, so a perfect score for someone who owns all of the tables we have released so far on iOS and Android is 12,000.

You made that up didn't you?

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Assuming the Taxi/Harley table is legit, I think it's safe to say the remaining tables for the year are:
AFM/Space Shuttle
Dr. Dude/Pin*Bot
Twilight Zone
"Surprise Pack" (many are guessing Elvira).

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I think Attack from Mars should be partnered with Firepower myself - seems like a more consistent theme with the alien attack aspect and all...but I like Space Shuttle too so that's cool.

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
Taxi?! Might be the first table I pass on. Didn't like it in the arcades and still didn't like it in WPHOF. *bleurgh*

(That said, I'm likely to still buy it to support the great work Farsight is doing bringing us all these pins ;)).

karl

May 10, 2012
Good game, but those voices can get on your nerves after a while. A ver with the voices once when they are active and then just flashing lights and this would be a+.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Wow, I ended up playing Taxi the most on WPHOF. In fact, this will be the first time I'm more excited about the old table in the pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.