No New PS3 Tables Today?

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
So sick of waiting.

I don't think my impatience would be so bad had the last 2 tables not been so mediocre. I mean, I love HRC, but it gets old pretty quick.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Feel the same way while waiting for the Season 2 and 3 passes for the PS 4. Does anybody think that maybe FS should be taking a month or 2 break at the end of a season before starting a new one? That way, they could catch the tables up on all platforms, try to fix the bugs that already exist, and check off some of those boxes on those lists of features that they have mentioned in the past but they haven't been able to get around to do?

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Feel the same way while waiting for the Season 2 and 3 passes for the PS 4. Does anybody think that maybe FS should be taking a month or 2 break at the end of a season before starting a new one? That way, they could catch the tables up on all platforms, try to fix the bugs that already exist, and check off some of those boxes on those lists of features that they have mentioned in the past but they haven't been able to get around to do?

I've said as much before, but unfortunately, that would mean taking a loss. (Financial wise)

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I've said as much before, but unfortunately, that would mean taking a loss. (Financial wise)

Yes and no. I would think at this point, FS has their dedicated fan base installed. Taking a month or two release to bump up the quality of their product could only help increase customer retention. Quantity doesn't seem to be the major complaint people have have with TPA. Zen does not have a consistent release schedule for their tables, and their fan base keeps coming back. I'd like to see FS take the risk and set a little time aside and put a little TLC into their existing product. Many people have posted that they're a small team and have spread themselves too thin. But, at the same time, they're not doing themselves any favors rushing everything.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Yes and no. I would think at this point, FS has their dedicated fan base installed. Taking a month or two release to bump up the quality of their product could only help increase customer retention. Quantity doesn't seem to be the major complaint people have have with TPA. Zen does not have a consistent release schedule for their tables, and their fan base keeps coming back. I'd like to see FS take the risk and set a little time aside and put a little TLC into their existing product. Many people have posted that they're a small team and have spread themselves too thin. But, at the same time, they're not doing themselves any favors rushing everything.

1. Yes, it would.

2. Zen is a bigger company.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

FS seems to have production cycle myopia. All they can see is that if they don't publish for a month then they don't have income for that month.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Ok. Table 10 of Season 4 will be released on IOS, Android, and Steam on July 2015. Instead of jumping into Season 5, what if FS took August off, and maybe September as well, and used that time finish up releasing Season 4 across all platforms, fix past bugs, and implement past promised features that they haven't had time to get to. Then they can kick off Season 5 with their Halloween themed table.

Brakel - production cycle myopia. I like that. lol.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Feel the same way while waiting for the Season 2 and 3 passes for the PS 4. Does anybody think that maybe FS should be taking a month or 2 break at the end of a season before starting a new one?
No! But I do think that Farsight should just release out the tables in complete seasons, instead of the typical two table packs every other month on consoles. The certification process just takes so long on the consoles and what makes the wait even longer is the certification process on their patches. Every time Farsight releases out a new patch for TPA, it increases the download size at a ridiculous rate. The download size for a TPA patch is over 400MB now (IIRC) and growing, while Zen's is hovering around 50MB. It's very quick to approve a 50MB patch over a 400MB patch.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I made this suggestion a couple months ago. You'd think that knocking out 360, cab support, and shoring up some lingering issues would pay off in the long term.

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
My take on it is this… if they've been in business 25 years or so and can't take a 2 month break from publishing to polish their main product for fear of financial ruin, that's just piss-poor business planning.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
My take on it is this… if they've been in business 25 years or so and can't take a 2 month break from publishing to polish their main product for fear of financial ruin, that's just piss-poor business planning.

I said this in another thread; you're in business to make a profit.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014

I'm thinking along the same lines. I can honestly state that I have no knowledge of TPA's sales figures or FS's finances. Pure speculation on my part. But I also have a hard time believing the argument that they need that month to month mobile / steam release in order to survive and can't take a 2 month break. If that is the case, Farsight sure has a big set of stones to recently request nearly $100,00 from it's fan base to back a single table if they're that close to financial ruin.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Hey, US folks, no new table packs on the US store?

I heard it was for today (tournament this friday...)

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Way too early for PSN at this point. They don't update until sometime in the afternoon. I work second shift and they usually aren't updated before I go to work.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Over at fb a FarSight official answered the question about when Diner, BSD and Phantom will be released with "should be out before Halloween".

That would really be awesome if that works out.For me definitely a TPA highlight coming up! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts