Table Pack #27 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I tried to tell everyone it was gonna be a table from the Top Ten Poll, just like all the others have been.

Also, YOU guys were the ones that voted LCA into the Top Ten Gottlieb poll. lol. It never got my vote. I do find it strange that they chose this over "Rescue 911". What a disappointment.

At least it was a surprise. We haven't had a Gottlieb in a while, so at the very least its a nice change up.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I tried to tell everyone it was gonna be a table from the Top Ten Poll, just like all the others have been.

Also, YOU guys were the ones that voted LCA into the Top Ten Gottlieb poll. lol. It never got my vote. I do find it strange that they chose this over "Rescue 911". What a disappointment.

At least it was a surprise. We haven't had a Gottlieb in a while, so at the very least its a nice change up.

I certainly did not vote for it or any Gottlieb table for that matter

After what happened in Season 2 , one more Gottlieb is too many

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

Unfortunately there had to be a top ten from the voting. If only there had been a vote that mixed gottlieb with the other top tens, you'd end up with gottliebs at the bottom of the solid state selections!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

Probably because Rescue 911 has a license attached to it. It was a tv show.

http://http://www.tv.com/m/shows/rescue-911/

Last edited:

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
Well, the Elvis machine uses an EPROM 1427.. though how to connect Elvis and Sausalito... hmmm.... anyone know of a table with 1427 units produced? Like pm1109 said, it's been a great year so far, so if we get one clinker like LCA, we'll get by somehow.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I hate to admit it, but after looking over the table, lca is the only one that fits. Also, I never realized how much that table references Dirty Harry, a table I wish was going to be #27

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
One Gottlieb table out of 10 this season-I won't complain, especially given the great WMS tables we're still getting.
Don't forget our "yet-to-be-named" Stern table to come.

LCA didn't rate as high in the Gottlieb most-wanted polls, and it sold less than 2,000 tables.
I'm pleasantly surprised to see it will be next.

It's not a table I would've chosen, esp not the Gottlieb table I would've chosen, but I agree with you. It's a nice little changeup from all the Williams/Bally tables we've been getting. There's nothing wrong with a little variety. In fact, I wouldn't have even been upset if it was something like "Sorcerer".

I would be real surprised personally if it's LCA. I don't see any sort of campus, movies or modeling pins I'd think they'd release (except perhaps Playboy if that After Dark concept got rolling. :p )

I'm thinking F-14 right now too, though I guess Road Show is a distinct possibility. Or really anything with that sort of hint.

Then get ready to be surprised, because it sure as heck isn't "F-14 Tomcat" or something like "Dirty Harry". lol

I certainly did not vote for it or any Gottlieb table for that matter

After what happened in Season 2 , one more Gottlieb is too many

I didn't vote for it either. However, I got nothing against Gottlieb tables. Yeah, they aren't the best tables, but they're apart of Pinball history, and before Season 2, I don't even think we had any, maybe 1? I think they did so many in Season 2 because their contract with Williams/Bally was coming to an end, and because they didn't really have any up to that point. Again, I would've much preferred a better Gottlieb choice, such as "Rescue 911".

Probably because Rescue 911 has a license attached to it. It was a tv show.

http://http://www.tv.com/m/shows/rescue-911/

I know it was, I use to watch it. lol

The thing is, Shatner's image nor voice is nowhere in the game, so it really shouldn't be an issue.

Also, I never realized how much that table references Dirty Harry, a table I wish was going to be #27

You and I both, brutha.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Do any of you remember when the Fish Tales hint was posted and we still thought that TPA was doing two tables per pack? On TPA's wiki page someone had listed Fish Tales and Lights, Camera, Action were the next pack. It was promptly removed once mentioned on here. I wonder if LCA was done and by delaying it FarSight could have some "down time" for employee vacations in the summer. Of course, this is complete speculation on my part but LCA it seems to be. All in all this is decent System 3 Gottlieb. I really hope they can get the red and blue light effects on, at least, the PS4 version. It does add to the game. Also. I do really like the mechanical backglass on this and Bad Cats as well. It was one of the coolest things on wedgeheads from the 60's.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I've played Lights, Camera, Action, a bunch of times in a Bowling Ally I went to, this game is ok. I think it is another Gottlieb game that's worth putting on the Pinball Arcade, without further Adu, here Todd Tucky to talk about and show you LCA. http://youtu.be/qR2d-4xkcTs

Apr 8, 2012
I hope it is LCA. I've really been interested in trying it ever since I heard the discussion on the Silverball podcast about it (http://www.silverballpodcast.com/page2.html - Episode 3 after the 1:19 mark). It sounds pretty cool. I guess the red and blue lights on top are supposed to have a big effect on the look, so I hope Farsight is able to incorporate them somehow with the new lighting effects on the current gen consoles and PC.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
LOL @ all the butt-hurt Gottlieb haters. :D

I'm just glad to be able to play tables both great and rare. I don't understand throwing so much childish negativity toward tables you don't like. Some of us enjoy them. Deal with it. :cool:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Could it be...

image-7.jpg

Also movie related and the area is pretty close, right?

/edit:

http://dirtyharryonlocation.wordpress.com/select-locations/golden-gate-bridge-waldo-tunnel/

And the Creature does have to go attend a shoot... Dirty Harry shoots...

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
It's Lights,Camera,Action.

I don't mind all that much. As long as we don't get another Gottlieb this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts