Table Pack #27 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I'm still trying to figure out why Sausalito is being so emphasized.

Sausalito is where the golden gat bridge ends. The backglass of the tables shows the fresco skyline in the background and the Golden Gate Bridge in the near background implying the location is Sausalito. Dirty Harry has this shot too, but the filming and such suggests the lca theme.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
LOL @ all the butt-hurt Gottlieb haters. :D

I'm just glad to be able to play tables both great and rare. I don't understand throwing so much childish negativity toward tables you don't like. Some of us enjoy them. Deal with it. :cool:

Plus, there are still many more great tables we've yet to see in TPA, and the fact that FarSight apparently has plans for seasons 4 and 5. There's already something for everyone, and more to come. I'll save my belly-aching for the PS4 and Xbox 360 delays.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Sausalito is where the golden gat bridge ends. The backglass of the tables shows the fresco skyline in the background and the Golden Gate Bridge in the near background implying the location is Sausalito. Dirty Harry has this shot too, but the filming and such suggests the lca theme.

Oh dammm. You're right. I didn't notice that on the backglass before. Shoot. It IS gonna be LCA.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Then get ready to be surprised, because it sure as heck isn't "F-14 Tomcat" or something like "Dirty Harry". lol

I have no idea what it is. It's just that late 80s Gottlieb is not something I see as a big seller. The next non-license on the Gottlieb poll to do is actually Wipe Out and I think that would do better tbh. Perhaps what dtown said is true though and they've already done it when they were thinking two pins a pack, so why not. Perhaps Farsight knows something I don't. :p

I just remember when they threw everyone off with the Black Knight hint and it ended up being Black Rose. :p So I wouldn't say it sure as heck is anything at the moment. This hint unfortunately isn't 100% obvious. It could be LCA. Or, not. :)

Last edited:

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012

Yup. It was the backglass that convinced me once and for all that it's Lights Camera Action. They're practically standing in Sausalito in the backglass art. FWIW, Dirty Harry is standing somewhere on Treasure Island in the San Francisco Bay in his backglass. That one features the Bay Bridge, not the Golden Gate Bridge.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Yup. It was the backglass that convinced me once and for all that it's Lights Camera Action. They're practically standing in Sausalito in the backglass art. FWIW, Dirty Harry is standing somewhere on Treasure Island in the San Francisco Bay in his backglass. That one features the Bay Bridge, not the Golden Gate Bridge.

+1

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Well I guess we had to get a bum table at some point this season, we were on to too much of a good thing with the current crop of released tables

Pinhead45

Dec 30, 2012
How does a table like LCA even get into the poll. I can think of way better non licensed Gottliebs. Hollywood Heat, Genesis, Wipeout to name a few and the first two never made the poll. IPDB lists LCA as 203 on it's list of top 300 games. So if a game did not make the poll it has a long shot chance of making it into TPA, Like Fire!, Jokerz! or Police Force. Dirty harry did not make the poll either? What ever happened to the idea of they weren't going to make Gottliebs for a while? When they went and got a license to do more Williams tables it sounded like they couldn't do more Gottliebs. So what now they can or is this the beginning of more Gottlieb tables? (A new Gottlieb license?)

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
How does a table like LCA even get into the poll. I can think of way better non licensed Gottliebs. Hollywood Heat, Genesis, Wipeout to name a few and the first two never made the poll. IPDB lists LCA as 203 on it's list of top 300 games. So if a game did not make the poll it has a long shot chance of making it into TPA, Like Fire!, Jokerz! or Police Force. Dirty harry did not make the poll either? What ever happened to the idea of they weren't going to make Gottliebs for a while? When they went and got a license to do more Williams tables it sounded like they couldn't do more Gottliebs. So what now they can or is this the beginning of more Gottlieb tables? (A new Gottlieb license?)

Yeah, "Dirty Harry" nor "Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street" made it in, and those two are pretty popular tables, not to mention popular licenses. I remember shaking my head at some of these voters, cause a lot of questionable tables got voted in over a bunch of classics... "Stargate" and "Phantom of the Opera" also come to mind. That's 4 awesome tables that probably won't get made. (I'm sorry, but tables like "Back to the Future" and " Star Wars" are not better than those 4 mentioned above)

I don't remember Farsight saying they were ever taking a break from Gottlieb tables, unless I missed it?

Personally, I'm not even sure why over 100 people even voted for this table? It looks atrocious.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
If it is LCA, This is probably a machine they bought last year when they had to take a break from Bally/Will. Only thing that makes sense to me.

Maybe it's just me, but my biggest problem with the Premier tables is the tpa physics. They feel a little bit (more than usual) off to me. The flippers in particular. Almost impossible to play for me on IOS.

Since Dirty Harry is a license game, chances are slim but that is a pretty good machine and one I would really like to see in TPA

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

If I remember correctly, FarSight has an unlimited license with Gottlieb and, I think, Stern. Meaning, as long as they can cover any brand license costs (movie, TV show, ect.), they can make as many as they want. On the other hand Bally/Williams was a limited number of tables they could do before paying out some more money to WMS. Also, they haven't done a Gottlieb in over six months so, I'd say, it has been a while.

Also, I agree with Karl about TPA physics and Gottliebs. Class of 1812 is much more difficult to trap the ball than real life. The ball just feels a little too bouncy.

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
well, LCA isn't that bad. At least, it's much better than CBW.
But honestly, for a 5$ I'll take any table.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I think the main problems with Gottliebs is that they generally don't have great game logics to them. It's like they have no real idea how to big a complex table with great build-up rules etc. like Bally/Williams are so great at. Also, the idea of putting flippers at almost random spots is another thing I really don't like about them.

The best Gottlieb/Premier are the old ones. It's like they had their peak sometime in the 70's and never really caught on to the modern world of pinball. I enjoy, for example, Big Shot.

As many have stated, if they need to put in more Gottliebs, why not Wipe Out. Well, well...Season 3 has been so great so far that it doesn't really matter.

karl

May 10, 2012
A lot of people here are pretty sure Dracula will be out this season. I am just wondering if Farsight have given any hints to this here or on facebook? Would be great if it comes, but I have yet to find any info on this, but then again there is a lot of posts and threads I have missed (unfortunately) lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts