Pinball Arcade 12 Days of Christmas 2015

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
You know what? Even though half of the things in the last two years never came into existence I think there's not much actual news this year. The majority of the things are things that typically happen monthly - live streams, monthly tourneys, table releases - along with sales. Only two days so far have been actual news which have been worth reading about. I guess it's kinda a good thing... I don't wanna see something like Orbals happen again.

Also they're releasing TAF Gold AGAIN tonight as another lucky award. Question, are the people who stream Pinball Arcade different than the ones who run the Facebook account? Because I've heard them say a lot of things that don't match what they say on that site.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I wonder if they still have plans to do something with that poll they had us run for difficulty options...I guess that would sort of be "news"...

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Actual news announcement:

Wii U version of Pinball Arcade is still a thing, and will be releasing early 2016 (in FarSight time)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
FarSight's only been advertising the WiiU version since late 2012. Now, after three, count 'em, three years, it may yet still come out?

And you thought making Xbox 360 users wait eons for DLC was bad.....

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
2 days left
I wonder if any of them relate to Stern or not
I'd suggest Not.

My prediction of mid next year is looking better and better for any Stern news.

And if you want news, I'd suggest looking to Stern directly. They are almost certainly steering the ship with regard to this.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I'd suggest Not.

My prediction of mid next year is looking better and better for any Stern news.

And if you want news, I'd suggest looking to Stern directly. They are almost certainly steering the ship with regard to this.
Ion Sterns facebook a couple of days ago, someone asked them about putting tables on consoles. reply was stay tuned news soon.from that I gather Stern will let us know.sounds good. :cool:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I wonder if they still have plans to do something with that poll they had us run for difficulty options...I guess that would sort of be "news"...

There were always 3 things from day one that TPA badly needed:
- Realistic lighting with slider controls. DONE (and done very well)
- Cabinet Support (Partially DONE with the Cab/Cam Mod, but needs working backglasses and real DMD support which only Farsight can do)
- Difficulty options (Not DONE)

The difficulty options would transform the game - the tables do not play like their real life counterparts atm and are too easy in comparison. These have been promised so many times but never materialise, so even if they are announced again I think most of us will take it with a pinch of salt :(.

Last edited:

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Si far the thing that got curiosity is the compatibility with the oculus rift.
I was thinking of buying one, and now I'm even more interested.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
There already is a mod for rift support from one year ago. I tested it at a friend's and it was pretty good.
If this gets really really good I will disassemble my cabinet and rebuild it as a controller with lock down bar etc.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I like the Wii U but this just doesn't fit with timing. Having the potential for the DMD on the controller sounds good but probably won't be practical. Too difficult to split your attention from looking down and up. As much as I like the system, NX is coming soon and the install base really isn't that high. Hopefully NX will carry over much in common with the Wii U from a programming standpoint so the eventual port for NX will be easier to do. The one good aspect is they are having a relationship with Nintendo so that will hopefully bring good things.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I like the Wii U but this just doesn't fit with timing. Having the potential for the DMD on the controller sounds good but probably won't be practical. Too difficult to split your attention from looking down and up. As much as I like the system, NX is coming soon and the install base really isn't that high. Hopefully NX will carry over much in common with the Wii U from a programming standpoint so the eventual port for NX will be easier to do. The one good aspect is they are having a relationship with Nintendo so that will hopefully bring good things.

PS Vita second screen support with the PS4 would be a better option, IMO.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Who's having a relationship with Nintendo? FarSight? A relationship that has produced approximately zero pinball (arcade or PHoF) games on a Nintendo system since late 2009.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts