Table Pack #25 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I want High Speed, Junkyard, and Gilligan's Island, but I really want to see Safe Cracker in this season as well. For the rest of the season this is what I would like it to look like High Speed, Junkyard, Safe Cracker, Rescue 911, The Party Zone, and of course The Addam's Family, all in that order what do you all think. I don't care wat else comes out until the future when we can see Family Guy and The Wizard of Oz. So those are my Season 4 games I want, then season 5 is all up to you, but understand their are many more I want to see from late 80's up until now.

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Wizard of Oz would be hard to emulate since it has a frikken widescreen monitor with full motion video instead of a matrix display. That and the BGM is awfully repetitive. I watched a video of some guy playing it a while back. Had the Wizard theme stuck in my head for hours afterwords. Anyway the download would probably be larger than all other tables combined, on top of a premuim license. That said, I'm glad there's two companies making tables now, because there's actually a healthy competition instead of just Stern competing against existing vintage stock.

karl

May 10, 2012
I got to the finals in a tournament a few weeks ago and there I got my first(and brutal) encounter with High speed. Ball one: plunge right into a center drain. Ball 2: Better plunge a little harder this time, Hit one target and....center drain again. Ball 3: Happy like a puppet with even a short multiball happening. Short and brutal game but at least I did not finish last because the same misfortune happened to another player as well. Great Machine and one I am looking forward to next month (actually a lot more than junkyard)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I got to the finals in a tournament a few weeks ago and there I got my first(and brutal) encounter with High speed. Ball one: plunge right into a center drain. Ball 2: Better plunge a little harder this time, Hit one target and....center drain again. Ball 3: Happy like a puppet with even a short multiball happening. Short and brutal game but at least I did not finish last because the same misfortune happened to another player as well. Great Machine and one I am looking forward to next month (actually a lot more than junkyard)
It's brutal as hell and that's why I love it. Give me a "shallow", tough game that's a coin eater over a "deeper", more complicated game where you're unlikely to see everything in an hour or two's play any day of the week. This is a high score competition machine no doubt, with barely any focus on rules or mode stacking or any of that crap. It's pure pinball :D

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
It's brutal as hell and that's why I love it. Give me a "shallow", tough game that's a coin eater over a "deeper", more complicated game where you're unlikely to see everything in an hour or two's play any day of the week. This is a high score competition machine no doubt, with barely any focus on rules or mode stacking or any of that crap. It's pure pinball :D
Also I'd like to add no stupid ball gobblers, money bags, or Apache helicopters like in the 8-bit version. Sign me up for some High Speed Pinball. I'm so glad I got the Season 3 pass on day one! ;)

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
High Speed, Eh? Not a big surprise at all. Along with Cyclone (though not announced), I really believed this one was coming for season 3. As far as it coming before Getaway, also, no surprise. Bobby King said in one of his earliest interviews that he would sooner do High Speed before The Getaway.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Also I'd like to add no stupid ball gobblers, money bags, or Apache helicopters like in the 8-bit version. Sign me up for some High Speed Pinball. I'm so glad I got the Season 3 pass on day one! ;)
Speaking of season passes etc., I'm curious to know how they'll do a "pro" mode for HS. There's really not a lot at all in the menus to navigate through and change. Though I suppose it wouldn't be much different than with BK2K.

Bobby King said in one of his earliest interviews that he would sooner do High Speed before The Getaway.
Why didn't you tell anyone? Traitor!

;)

night

May 18, 2012

+1

I am unknown with HS, but after watching some youtubes this looks like a very fast and furious game, love the sound fx as well. There are a lot of lighting fx, I hope it will not be a visual chaos like BK2K on the mobiles. Nice!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
BTW, how do we know it's not Indy 500 with a simple reference to High Speed to throw us off?

Also, do we start predicting Cyclone for every table now, or The Getaway?

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
BTW, how do we know it's not Indy 500 with a simple reference to High Speed to throw us off?

Also, do we start predicting Cyclone for every table now, or The Getaway?

First of all, it's not exactly a "simple" reference. Owners of the machine in this thread didn't even know that was the car's plate number.

Second, that's a picture of an F1 race, not an Indy one.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
First of all, it's not exactly a "simple" reference. Owners of the machine in this thread didn't even know that was the car's plate number.

Second, that's a picture of an F1 race, not an Indy one.

Yeah, I was saying it with my tongue firmly in my cheek. I don't think it'll ever live up to the Fish Tales clue madness.

What's the biggest difference between F1 and Indy?

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Yeah, I was saying it with my tongue firmly in my cheek. I don't think it'll ever live up to the Fish Tales clue madness.

What's the biggest difference between F1 and Indy?

They're entirely different racing series. F1 is an international series while Indy is based in the US. F1 race exclusively on road courses while Indy race mostly on high-speed oval tracks like NASCAR. Also, F1 cars are much more expensive and sophisticated.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
That said, I'm glad there's two companies making tables now, because there's actually a healthy competition instead of just Stern competing against existing vintage stock.

Apparently there's actually four according to this 2013 BBC article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21200001: Heighway Pinball in the UK and Quetzal in Spain.

I was aware of Heighway (though not their HUD and playfield LCD features), but not Quetzal. Now if I could only play any of these new machines in Glasgow. HMV is still oddly enough the best place to play pinball, but I've generally been seeing licensed Stern and Sega/DE machines (I did like the DE Star Wars - pretty funny). I like the fact that the European companies are doing original machines rather than licensed themes, but technically I suspect they'd prove tough to emulate - at least for the TPA.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2014
High Speed is an iconic table. This and Pin*Bot were the 1-2 punch that caused a major upswing in pinball popularity back in '86. It's a very important game in pinball history, as well as just a fun and very well made "flow" table.

So it's one of those games that makes the arcade feel more "complete". It has a huge following and rightfully so. I think it will cause another spike in pinball arcade interest all by itself. Which is kinda needed. Season 3 sales have been a little slow compared to past seasons.

Now give me Eight Ball Deluxe, which iirc was the highest selling table ever prior to Addams Family (or was that the original Eight Ball?), Earth Shaker, Diner, Road Show, Jack * Bot, the entire "Rollercoaster" pinball series (cyclone, hurricane, Comet) The Getaway and anything else I'm missing, that would complete a series on Pinball Arcade... It just, to me feels good having all the games in a series, this is about pinball history and preserving it, seeing all the games in a series or seeing certain tables reference other tables is part of the fun :)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Apparently there's actually four according to this 2013 BBC article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21200001: Heighway Pinball in the UK and Quetzal in Spain.

I was aware of Heighway (though not their HUD and playfield LCD features), but not Quetzal. Now if I could only play any of these new machines in Glasgow. HMV is still oddly enough the best place to play pinball, but I've generally been seeing licensed Stern and Sega/DE machines (I did like the DE Star Wars - pretty funny). I like the fact that the European companies are doing original machines rather than licensed themes, but technically I suspect they'd prove tough to emulate - at least for the TPA.

I frrequent that HMV for the pinball. Will look out for you. Assuming your avatar is accurate :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.