Votes: 47 13.1%
  • Paragon™

Votes: 149 41.6%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 162 45.3%

• Total voters

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Glad to see Xenon back in the lead!It will be the rightful winner of this poll(or rather the other one).But it is more than evident that Paragon should also be added to the TPA asap!

Berq

Mar 15, 2013
... Farsight has shown it's willing to make a TPA table based on a novelty with no lasting power.
Of COURSE I make a negative comment like that and the VERY NEXT POST is from a Farsight employee. Not to say that I like Goin' Nuts. I can't stand it. But it'd have been nice if I'd included something more balanced, like, "Still, I appreciate their interest in creating a virtual pinball museum of sorts, where historical oddities are preserved that couldn't otherwise be seen by the masses. TPA is possibly the most important thing to happen to pinball since the collapse of its industry in the late '90s." Now, before you call me a suck-up...

You've probably all read the comments that follow their Facebook posts. Brutal, hateful stuff. I can't understand how so many people can feel so entitled and ungrateful, or why developers don't quit from discouragement. So, for my part, I'd rather Farsight get my encouragement over my complaints.

And if they make the right call on this poll, they'll get my MONEY, too. Oh, who am I kidding? They'll probably get it regardless.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
I love how people talk about Xenon being easy, boring, and a one trick pony, but then turn around and pretend that Paragon isn't the exact same thing. I'm convinced people only love it because of the artwork, because it really isn't anything special.

No music and some drop targets. Oh boy, sign me up in a hurry! :p

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I would like to see all 3...

HOWEVER:

The problem I see with Xenon is that it will probably be too easy in TPA, and since it's a one trick pony as Karl and others so eloquently pointed out, that won't be very fun. Look at how easy Bride of Pinbot's ramp shot is...and as a result it's not very fun because you better have a lot of time carved out when you sit down to play it because the games last FOREVER...and since Xenon has even less going on then Xenon, well I just can't see it translating to TPA in a way that will actually keep us coming back.

Paragon on the other hand has the chance to be a real challenge, as it should be.

I agree with everything you're saying and I did vote for Paragon. But that being said, I also would love Xenon. Sometimes it's nice to have a fun easy table that's not gonna kick you in the crotch everytime you play ala LCA and Dracula. I've gotten more enjoyment out of a simple table like Earthshaker than I have any table in season 3. I think making Paragon this season makes sense, as we should have one table that's a real challenge to balance out PZ and Earthshaker.

Hopefully in the end we get both.

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
Of COURSE I make a negative comment like that and the VERY NEXT POST is from a Farsight employee. Not to say that I like Goin' Nuts. I can't stand it. But it'd have been nice if I'd included something more balanced, like, "Still, I appreciate their interest in creating a virtual pinball museum of sorts, where historical oddities are preserved that couldn't otherwise be seen by the masses. TPA is possibly the most important thing to happen to pinball since the collapse of its industry in the late '90s." Now, before you call me a suck-up...

You've probably all read the comments that follow their Facebook posts. Brutal, hateful stuff. I can't understand how so many people can feel so entitled and ungrateful, or why developers don't quit from discouragement. So, for my part, I'd rather Farsight get my encouragement over my complaints.

And if they make the right call on this poll, they'll get my MONEY, too. Oh, who am I kidding? They'll probably get it regardless.

:) Us getting battered by fans is not unique to us. It's video game developers in general that get a heavy beating from the gaming community. When people are happy they don't usually go out of their way to make it known, but 10 angry fans can really make things look bad on a post. We appreciate everyone that finds our game even worth mentioning. And I can say we have some of the coolest fans around. You guys stick with us on our best and worst days. We appreciate it.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
:) Us getting battered by fans is not unique to us. It's video game developers in general that get a heavy beating from the gaming community. When people are happy they don't usually go out of their way to make it known, but 10 angry fans can really make things look bad on a post. We appreciate everyone that finds our game even worth mentioning. And I can say we have some of the coolest fans around. You guys stick with us on our best and worst days. We appreciate it.

I think everyone here is a passionate fan of TPA - maybe too passionate ;) Speaking for myself your game is awesome and has become a favorite past time and has got me into real pinball (playing my first IRL tournament tomorrow night).

I think that some of the negative is actually meant to be constructive criticism and devil advocacy with the hope that the honest critique helps you guys make the best product possible.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the pins and look forward to many many more.

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
If only Embryon was released a year earlier. I like it a lot more than Paragon. Similar-style game (Bally super-widebody), but more interesting features and shots. Wouldn't mind Paragon, though.

If Embryon was on the list, I would have voted for that table instead of Xenon. Actually, if Fathom, Embryon, Paragon, Xenon and Sorcerer made it to TPA I would be a happy camper. Throw in Red and Ted Roadshow and The Shadow and you would never get me off my iPad.

RobbW

Jun 10, 2014

HOWEVER:

The problem I see with Xenon is that it will probably be too easy in TPA, and since it's a one trick pony as Karl and others so eloquently pointed out, that won't be very fun. Look at how easy Bride of Pinbot's ramp shot is...and as a result it's not very fun because you better have a lot of time carved out when you sit down to play it because the games last FOREVER...and since Xenon has even less going on then Xenon, well I just can't see it translating to TPA in a way that will actually keep us coming back.

Paragon on the other hand has the chance to be a real challenge, as it should be.

To that point, the votes are close enough now where it's almost semantics as to who "wins". Clearly there is interest from more than 250 fans as a microcosm of the community at large to seeing both get made, which I think is an outstanding result and says a lot about TPA in general.

However, I just reread this entire thread and what I find more interesting (and I'm hoping FS reads between the lines and sees what I'm seeing)...is that the Paragon fans appear (IMHO) to be deeply passionate and emotional about seeing this pin get recreated, and hit all the right notes in terms of explaining why this pin is so special. Xenon certainly has it's fans as well, but I'm not feeling the resonance of their side of the story, if you will.

Hopefully that emotional response to seeing Paragon get made, in almost a hope against hope/David and Goliath sort of attitude will carry it's own weight, and get noticed by Farsight, regardless of whether it loses by 2 % of the vote?? We'll see.

For one, I'd be willing to help donate for a Paragon license if push came to shove ala Kickstarter.

Still hoping...RobbW

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I was 12 when Xenon was first released. Back then, hearing the oo's and ah's of the sexy Xenon table almost felt like sneaking a peek at a Playboy magazine as a kid. Ciani did a wonderful job capturing the sounds and atmosphere of this table. It would be a shame if both Xenon and Paragon are not created for TPA this season.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

HOWEVER:

I love how people talk about Xenon being easy, boring, and a one trick pony, but then turn around and pretend that Paragon isn't the exact same thing. I'm convinced people only love it because of the artwork, because it really isn't anything special.

No music and some drop targets. Oh boy, sign me up in a hurry! :p

Well, technically Paragon does have more shots to aim for. That alone makes it more interesting, IMO. It's common knowledge among the pinball community that Paragon is a challenging pin.

And I didn't say Xenon is easy in real life. I said it almost surely will be in TPA...unless they really kick up the bumper strength, which they should, but then folks will complain the it's a "drain monster".

Last edited:

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Well, technically Paragon does have more shots to aim for. That alone makes it more interesting, IMO.

And I didn't say Xenon is easy in real life. I said it almost surely will be in TPA...unless they really kick up the bumper strength, which they should, but then folks will complain the it's a "drain monster".

My post was directed at more than just one person. :p

Just because a table has a lot, doesn't mean it's a great table. For instance, one of my least favorite tables is TZ. The table is just a cluttered mess. I find no joy in a cluttered table, so sometimes less is more. As I said before, maybe if Paragon had some music in it or maybe had this entire process not soured me, I might have voted for it. However, it's been clear as day that even the employees that post the poll links want Paragon to win. (Posting images of only Paragon in the poll link) They've even said as much over here. I did not agree with a second poll, especially when all the other tables were getting crushed. However, what's done is done and here we are. I just don't like a biased process.

If Paragon wins, then I'll be thrilled for all of those who wanted it, but it'll be the last time I participate in a poll. What would be the point?

I think the good news is that, like the previous poll losers, we'll be seeing Paragon/Xenon regardless of the outcome. It's just a matter of when?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Alright cool. Honestly I really don't have a horse in this race as I like all 3 pins, but I'm just afraid Xenon will be another BoP that rarely gets played in the long run.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Alright cool. Honestly I really don't have a horse in this race as I like all 3 pins, but I'm just afraid Xenon will be another BoP that rarely gets played in the long run.

BOP is one of my favorite tables in TPA. :)

I actually spent quite some time playing Xenon back when it was first out, as well as Paragon. I never saw a Fireball, though. :(

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
BOP is one of my favorite tables in TPA. :)

I actually spent quite some time playing Xenon back when it was first out, as well as Paragon. I never saw a Fireball, though. :(

I like BoP in real life, but the TPA version just goes on forever, unfortunately. Same with Funhouse.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Yeah I played Fireball, it is less than interesting. I bet if they did a third poll Xenon vs. Paragon most of the Fireball votes would go to Paragon giving it the win. Oh well I will buy any and all tables for TPA..the only one I demand is Eight Ball Deluxe

You and I must have played different Fireballs then. I had an absolute blast the one time I played Fireball. The whirlwind spinner, the zipper flippers, the multiball. It's just a crazy game, especially for an EM.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I'm beggining to love Pinball Period, I checked out videos on YouTube of both Fireball and Paragon and I thought they both seem great (of course this is coming from a person who doesn't really like Pinball Machine from 1985 or lower), but when I was a kid I loved Xenon a lot. But of course I didn't really get into pinball until The Addam's Family came out, of course I understand why a lot of you like particular Pinball games and that's probably because you grew up with them. In the 80's for me, I was only into Arcade Games then got really into Pinball in the 90's. I got into all Pinball in the 90's, basically from the late 80's and up, EM's just didn't have the excitement that the late 80's had at least for me. I love the music, sound effects, and voices, and if it's loaded with toys I loved it even more, I only played Bride of Pinbot once in real life and all my balls would drain like crazy, believe it or not I like TPA's version much more. I've actually been playing it a lot more then I thought I would, Pinbot's ok but not as good as Bride Of Pinbot or even Jackbot.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts